Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K950 soundbar wont hard reset

(Topic created on: 23-05-2020 07:15 PM)
J_M_S
First Poster
Options

So we are having connection issues with our wireless sub and rear speakers. I spent time on the phone with samsung today, and the guy wanted me to do a hard reset on the soundbar by pressing and holding the "Play/Pause" button for 10-15 seconds. Nothing happened.

Anyone know another way to hard reset this thing? It may be helpful to know that when i was attempting to manually pair the speakers, the soundbar would never display the "ID Set" message it was supposed to. 

19 REPLIES 19
GlazingOrgan
Apprentice
Options

You can do a hard reset by leaving the unit on and pressing both the Volume up and Volume down button at same time. It will take a few seconds....then it will flash Unit, then flash OFF...wait a moment and turn it back on.  

This did NOT fix my issue of the rear speakers not automatically reconnecting unfortunately. I've been told to check with the store I bought it for an extended warranty(my unit is 2 years old, outside manf. 1yr warranty)

Anyone else having this issue call Samsung and make a ticket! They will not delve into the issue until enough people have complained about it, until that happens they just see it as isolated incidents/user error

0 Likes
Johny310
First Poster
Options

Were you able to get this issue solved? Turns out I'm having the same problem.

BenBhavingBadly
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue too. I bought my K950 from Richer Sounds a couple of years ago. It looked like it had already been opened so the suggestion that this might have been a display model could be correct.

i have the same issue now where the rear speakers won't connect, and when I try the steps in the manual the display just says SHOP6. Tried a hard reset to display INIT but it returns to SHOP6 when I try to connect the speakers.

Any other suggestions?? 

0 Likes
StrandedDread
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue. The rear speakers and the subwoofer are blinking blue. My rear speakers have been completely unreliable from the beginning, but now my subwoofer will not pair. I can't get IDSet to appear. The process is incredibly frustrating in its supposed simplicity.

GlazingOrgan
Apprentice
Options

After MUCH trial and error.....this what works best FOR ME.....

First off, my setup....Xbox One X --> HDMI1 on soundbar---> soundbar--- HDMI output to HDMI1 on TV(Please Note.....if your sound is hooked up to an HDMI port w/ARC capability then then ATMOS feature will NOT work)

When I've got no surround connections either all blue lights or red standby lights, this is what I do. 

1) unplug 2 rear speakers

2) unplug subwoofer

3) unplug soundbar

(Unplug = remove power plug from wall socket)

I wait 3-5 minutes and then plug inpower cords in REVERSE order.....

4)plug in sound bar (make sure unit is on before next step)

5) plug in surround speakers and woofer

6) turn main unit off....when display is blank, press and hold the volume button for 5-7 sec. Be careful to push it in not down or up

7) wait still screen turns blank after IDSET popsup

😎 turn main unit in and check for connections lights on rear and sub

This process works about 95% of the time for me. 

GlazingOrgan
Apprentice
Options
I've never seen SHOP6 pop up on my unit.....have you tried googling to see the meaning of that code??
0 Likes
BenBhavingBadly
Student
Options

@GlazingOrgan wrote:
I've never seen SHOP6 pop up on my unit.....have you tried googling to see the meaning of that code??

Yeah, I spoke to the dealer and they said that Samsung reps visit the store and put the systems into essentially a shop demo mode, and is a nightmare to get them out again. Even a factory reset doesn't do it.

What I have found just by tinkering is if you turn the bar off, press the sync buttons on the rear speakers and sub, then hold the Subwhoofer Volume down for a few seconds that also triggers the IDSET mode. Maybe give that a go? Sometimes it takes a couple of laps to get both the sub and the speakers to resync but mine are working for now

ACG2
First Poster
Options

Thanks, worked for me.

Great sound, but only when it works properly.  TV ARC is a complete pain.

0 Likes
Travispaino
Student
Options

Thank You! This worked for me

0 Likes