Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K950 & Xbox One S Handshaking Issues

(Topic created on: 02-12-2017 10:41 AM)
Mackemexile
First Poster
Options

Is anyone having issues with playing 4K HDR movies on an Xbox One S when passed through the K950 and ending up with a blank screen (no picture) but having sound? I've found that simply powering down then powering back up the soundbar bring the picture up.

However, I am also wondering if anyone is also experiencing issues with 4K UHD HDR discs defaulting to 1080p? In one instance Deadpool wouldn't even play even after powering cycling the soundbar. I then uninstalled the BluRay player app, power cycled the Xbox One S, re-installed the BluRay player app. It then played Deadpool but only in 1080p, however I did have picture and Atmos. I then took Deadpool out, inserted Fantastic Beasts and this played in HDR and Atmos, took this out and put Deadpool back in and lo and behold this now played in HDR and with Atmos. This thing is driving me absolutely mad!!! I've managed to get 4 discs to play with HDR and ATMOS but only by sheer luck of randomly power cycling the K950, unistalling and re-installing the BluRay player App, power cycling the Xbox One S, and swapping discs one after the other.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Troza
First Poster
Options

@Mackemexile wrote:

Is anyone having issues with playing 4K HDR movies on an Xbox One S when passed through the K950 and ending up with a blank screen (no picture) but having sound? I've found that simply powering down then powering back up the soundbar bring the picture up.

However, I am also wondering if anyone is also experiencing issues with 4K UHD HDR discs defaulting to 1080p? In one instance Deadpool wouldn't even play even after powering cycling the soundbar. I then uninstalled the BluRay player app, power cycled the Xbox One S, re-installed the BluRay player app. It then played Deadpool but only in 1080p, however I did have picture and Atmos. I then took Deadpool out, inserted Fantastic Beasts and this played in HDR and Atmos, took this out and put Deadpool back in and lo and behold this now played in HDR and with Atmos. This thing is driving me absolutely mad!!! I've managed to get 4 discs to play with HDR and ATMOS but only by sheer luck of randomly power cycling the K950, unistalling and re-installing the BluRay player App, power cycling the Xbox One S, and swapping discs one after the other.

Just wondering how you’re actually monitoring 1080p vs 4k - is there a button to press when watching something like in Netflix? 

0 Likes
Mackemexile
First Poster
Options

Hi Troza, I have an info button on my TV remote that shows the details of what the source is supplying. My TV is a Panasonic DX902B. Not sure if this helps!!

0 Likes