Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Explorer

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

 

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601

Right guys here is where I am at. It may be of interest to some. I am using the UE55KS8000 & HW-K650 along with two R7's. My set up works and heres how it is configured. I have the soundbar and TV connected via the arc connection with a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. The settings on the TV are bitstream with Dolby Digital selected. Wireless speaker manager set up in surround sound then this appears in the quick settings as Samsung Surround Soundbar + 2CH (Wi-Fi). The wifi in my house is fibre to premises 76 mbps and the router is in the same room as the TV. The sound is good from all speakers and watching Spectre (opening scene with a helicopter sequence) the sound does travel through the room via all speakers cinema style. The sound is controlled via the smart remote (altering all the volumes at once) these can be individually tailored through the TV in expert settings or via the multi app. The soundbar can be turned off (with the amazing discovery thanks to abob36) when typing in HW65 and bingo up pops the HWK650?? Well done Samsung for not listing this as it should be. If I can be of any further help contact me. I would just like to finish, and this may get moderated, by saying this. If it were not of the help and advice from the community I would of been screwed. This is expensive kit £3000.00 to date and it doesn't work out of the box. The Samsung support line are of no help (possibly ill informed as we are) and moderators on here have not communicated fully with us or helped to bridge the gap between us and technical support in resolving these issues. It has all been through the efforts and time of the community. Well done guys. I for one will definately do more homework next time prior to purchasing such an expensive package and ensure it works prior to purchase. Shame on Samsung.

One final bugbear. I can not turn off the Sky Q box with the smart remote. This may be a Sky issue unless anyone can tell me differently. Any help on this one greatly appreciated.

@Neilwales wrote:

Right guys here is where I am at. It may be of interest to some. I am using the UE55KS8000 & HW-K650 along with two R7's. My set up works and heres how it is configured. I have the soundbar and TV connected via the arc connection with a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. The settings on the TV are bitstream with Dolby Digital selected. Wireless speaker manager set up in surround sound then this appears in the quick settings as Samsung Surround Soundbar + 2CH (Wi-Fi). The wifi in my house is fibre to premises 76 mbps and the router is in the same room as the TV. The sound is good from all speakers and watching Spectre (opening scene with a helicopter sequence) the sound does travel through the room via all speakers cinema style. The sound is controlled via the smart remote (altering all the volumes at once) these can be individually tailored through the TV in expert settings or via the multi app. The soundbar can be turned off (with the amazing discovery thanks to abob36) when typing in HW65 and bingo up pops the HWK650?? Well done Samsung for not listing this as it should be. If I can be of any further help contact me. I would just like to finish, and this may get moderated, by saying this. If it were not of the help and advice from the community I would of been screwed. This is expensive kit £3000.00 to date and it doesn't work out of the box. The Samsung support line are of no help (possibly ill informed as we are) and moderators on here have not communicated fully with us or helped to bridge the gap between us and technical support in resolving these issues. It has all been through the efforts and time of the community. Well done guys. I for one will definately do more homework next time prior to purchasing such an expensive package and ensure it works prior to purchase. Shame on Samsung.

OK eventhough you have your HDMI ARC configured, if you go into the TV and configure multiroom, that switches your soundbar to wifi multi channel (Samsung Surround Soundbar + 2CH (Wi-Fi). This is not using HDMI or D. In. It is interesting that you are getting clear loud audio in rears on Wi-Fi when most of us aren't. Also, the remote works for all inputs on the soundbar excluding D. In via optical. This was the only input that you needed to configure the universal remote for.

 

I have noticed that you will have to configure universal remote for each input. Built in apps on TV work with Optical in the Source Setup under Universal Remote. For my HDMI devices (Wii U, PC) I had to select the HDMI input it was on each time - so this is still annoying. I will do more messsing about to get it right hopefully.

 

*EDIT* OK so, annoyingly you can only have the Universal Remote work for a single input, not all at once. So if you wanted to use the TV or built-in apps, you'd select Optical under source setup. If you wanted to use game console, select HDMI input under source setup. I tricked the system by adding ANOTHER Samsung HWK650 as a Home Theater System. So now I have 2 - one for the optical input and one for my HDMI 2 (Wii U) input. Unfortunately you cannot add 3 Home Theater Systems as it asks you to delete one of the other ones. This is still not a solution and maybe I am missing something, but if you cannot make the universal remote work for the home theater system for all inputs, that is quite silly (LOL I'm  being censored?). But again, it could be me. Keep messing with it guys. */EDIT*

 

Leelazer, highlight Source on your TV Smart Hub and in the listed Sources, the first two icons should be Connection Guide and Universal Remote, before showing your actual inputs. Also, I was doing surround test and the rears were coming in a bit through the fronts, I had to break my surround group and re-create it and then it worked without issue. Typically I have to create a new surround group everytime I get on anyways as it goes away after a while.

 

The only soultion that truly works as intended is using TV Sound Connect or Wi-Fi as 3.1 without the rears. This is frustrating we have to jump through all these hoops to get something working. Again, I will pick up a newer HDMI cable and see if that does anything different for me.

 

WIN_20170325_10_00_38_Pro.jpg

Hm. I have had my optical cabel up working now for a week or so, and I'm not blown away by the sound level of the rears. I dont really know if it's true surround or just the same sound from every speaker and I think it's works different depending if I'm watching ordinary TV or sports and films from HBO and such streaming apps. Not just the feeling of surround but also the sound level of the front vs. the rears. Maybe I got a mental disorder from all of this *****... Just so tired of it all.

 

I think I have read every single post in this thred, but there are fewthings I dont really get.

 

In my Multiroom app it says: "Soundbar K650(5CH)". What does this about 5CH mean? Others have written about 2 or 3CH?

 

Second, are there any pros on the HDMI 2.0 over the optical cabel, other than the universal remote option?

 

Read about a test for the surround, but didnt find the link?

 

I have a 55KS7005, HWK650 and two R-lite.


abob36 wrote:

"Again, I will pick up a newer HDMI cable and see if that does anything different for me."

 

I´m confindent that this will solve all your problems :smiling-face: I had no belief in it myself but it fixed all mine. 

 


 


@Kilo wrote:

 

 

Second, are there any pros on the HDMI 2.0 over the optical cabel, other than the universal remote option?

 


"Both can pass multi-channel audio, like Dolby Digital

The biggest difference is that HDMI can pass higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. These formats can't get transmitted across optical"


@Tovle wrote:

@abob36 wrote:

"Again, I will pick up a newer HDMI cable and see if that does anything different for me."

 

I´m confindent that this will solve all your problems :smiling-face: I had no belief in it myself but it fixed all mine. 

 


 


Unfortunately, I came home with a shiny brand new HDMI 2.0 cable. Same sound as before. Rears are still too quiet compared to the soundbar and it sounds the same as if I were using Wi-Fi Multi Channel. What TV model do you have again? It very well could be because I am on a KS8000 and have different firmware. Optical is still my best solution.

 

And to address Tovle, HDMI can support any audio format, beyond lossy that optical can, but with HDMI ARC, both optical and HDMI support the same formats - DD and DTS none of the HD versions.


@abob36 wrote:

@Tovle wrote:

@abob36 wrote:

"Again, I will pick up a newer HDMI cable and see if that does anything different for me."

 

I´m confindent that this will solve all your problems :smiling-face: I had no belief in it myself but it fixed all mine. 

 


 


Unfortunately, I came home with a shiny brand new HDMI 2.0 cable. Same sound as before. Rears are still too quiet compared to the soundbar and it sounds the same as if I were using Wi-Fi Multi Channel. What TV model do you have again? It very well could be because I am on a KS8000 and have different firmware. Optical is still my best solution.

 


Really strange, I had the EXCACT same problems as you. Could you please try following.

 

 

1. Put D.IN as input source on sound bar

2. Choose K650 HDMI on TV

3. Ungroup existing setup in Multiroom app.

4. Make sure all 3 devices are visable in Multiroom app and it says D.IN below the soundbar

5. In multiroom app under all speakers, click on the three dots on the right off the AV Samsung soundbar, then click Surround Setup.

6. Drag the left speaker down to "Surround L" and the Right to "Surround R" and click next

7. Put all three devices on same volume level and click done.

8. You will still have the same crappy rear sound at this moment, but here´s the bug I found. When the configuration is established it will say "Surround" and they will show as grouped. NOW, click on the three dots again, click input source, choose HDMI and then back to D.IN. When it´s done the volume will drop down to almost zero, so you have to use TV-remote and increase the volume again and you will have true 5.1 - with one control.

 

Please try this and give me a feedback. I´m pretty sure this will do it. The bolded part is the most imporant thing in the setup.

 

 

 

 

           CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENT            

 

                           FOR Sale                                  

 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers

 

One careful owner, great condition........ Works perfectly (honest). 

 

Bargain at £2.99 or near offer

 

I did exactly as you described clearly, but same results. Rears are always too quiet. Did same thing on wifi as well with identical results.

 

Lol at rob

Top Liked Authors