Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Good luck Monkfish.......... If only I could do the same!
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I can also confirm I have the same issues as others that when I change source I have to re group the speakers each time on the app to get it back in surround mode. 

Same issue when playing music from Spotify etc and then returning to D.In to use surround mode. 

I think I will pile all this up in the garden and set fire to it and cut my losses. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Yeah thats more annoying than using the second remote. but im sure it was working before.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi abob36 

I just swapped to WiFi and I have perfectly clear audio  while watching a blueray on my new xbox one s. I am yet to try another source but at the moment it's fine. I am totally baffled by this.  I have no idea what's going on. 

Lee

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Strange, definitely doesn't work for me....... It's OK on 3.1 in wifi mode on TV,  but as soon as I add the rears through the app and enter surround mode I get muffled sound again 😕

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Would you mind explaining exactly how you are switching from workaround set up to wifi and what leads you have connected incase I am missing something?

I have only got optical lead connected
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

I was using D.IN with surround setup in multiroom (only optical connected on my soundbar). I then changed TV audio to AV/WIFI which auto changed the soundbar to WIFI. This was setup as 3.1 with the TV volume icon showing just the soundbar. I then created the surround group in the app. Playing the setup test audio through the app sounded great. This changed the TV volume icon to the soundbar with the 2 speakers indicating 5.1. Playing the test MKV and watching Netflix the sound was clear.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Robbie

I was watching via optical when I read abob36 post  I just picked up my TV remote  and went into sound and switched to soundboard and surrounds over WiFi and it started working. I have turned the sub right down as that was still overpowering but I have very clear sound still. I really don't know how that can be and no I'm afraid to turn it off or change anything in case it stops working again. As stated I am watching a blueray through my xbox Obe s and haven't tried another source yet. I am convinced if I start messing with it that it will go back to being muffled. also I couldn't get 5.1 to work on my xbox one and it was driving me nuts. now it's working. I am so confused right now. lol 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
This is exactly my experience. Sub was too much but everything was clean and clear.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks guys, 

No luck still. Just end up with the same muddy/muffled quality as soon as I put it back in surround mode. Interestingly it doesn't always kick out of surround to 3.1 but its the same result either way once surrounds are added. 

Have tried to turn bass down as there is way too much as before but even with this on -6 it's too much, and this puts me back at square one with original issues. 

Nowhere near the quality I get with the workaround; tried with different sources. 

0 Likes