Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

For me the grouping issue only happens when either I play music via Spotify from phone or the router needs a reset. 

The router reset also solves the issue of not being able to see one of the rear speakers as described, but this happens so rarely that it doesnt cause me any issues long term. 

I have BT Smart hub by the way; I can dictate if they connect to 2.4 or 5ghz but it doesn't seem to make any difference with my set up as to whether I need a periodic reset of the router. 

I have also experimented at great length with a samsung hub but this also makes no difference (currently back in box in a cupboard). 

But again this happens so rarely it doesn't bother me. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I'm using a Bt smart hub too. Awesome bit of kit and one of the very best provider hubs thats out there. I have mine connected via 5ghz. 

0 Likes
mrcjames
Journeyman
Options
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have done extensive testing since the release of 3113 to the K650 Soundbar.

It seems (surprisingly) that PCM output from TV is much better: I know this is not what we have been seeing before (where Bitstream was performing better).

It might be worth you guys trying?

Also I have for the first time used the HDMI in to K650 (direct from Apple TV) which then passes through the soundbar via HDMI out (arc) to TV (HDMI 3 input).

I have noticed considerably better sound quality - and in addition the other inputs to TV automatically use the soundbar so no having to worry about that either.

For any of you using a playstation, change output to PCM also and you will see a LARGE performance increase.

Would be interested to know if this works for you... let me know...

P.S THANKS Robbie for ultimately getting us all this resolution.

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

Hi mrcjames 

Thanks for that but can you please confirm how you are setting it all up, do you use the multiroom app to group your rears and your soundbar and then set it upvia the TV settings. 

I can someone in here who has the system working please write a final set up guide for the rest of us non technical types. 

I'm struggling to get it to stay grouped working through WiFi. 

Thanks

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi there

In regard to using PCM I think it has been mentioned a few time now that you won't get 5.1 if you use PCM. neither the sound bar or TV can process it properly. All you will get is stereo that is made into a sudo surround effect.  I have done extensive testing before I realised the K650 didn't accept multi channel PCM. It shows up quite badly if you play a game on the ps4. The sounds are not where they are meant to be. 

Lee 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi DreamTallStart

I forgot to add that I have had a similar issue before where the Soundbar does not show up as an option in the TV menu, and you cannot select tv wifi connection in app.

Its also after the TV has turned off, but for me it's not the Soundbar causing the issue but the TV not reconnecting to the WiFi when it's turned back on. Again only happens now and then but this may be your issue. 

The next time you have the issue I would suggest checking your TV wifi is connected, and if it's not just reselect your wifi again from the list and then go back to sound menu. 

Hope this helps

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

The firmware update did not solve the issue for me. Seems to be an improvement in overall sound quality but audio from surrounds is still too low even with sliders at -6 for soundbar and +6for surrounds. 

Can someone tell me if there is anything different other than working since firmware update. 

If my Samsung UHD bluray players multilink settings gui makes the surround setup it sounds fantastic. The bluray players multilink graphical user interface is different from the tv's multilink settings gui. The volume levels are 0 - 50 when the bluray player creates the surround setup. Volume levels are 0 - 100 when tv makes surround setup.

A DTS HD MA speaker assignment sound check downloaded to a usb stick plays correctly when playing from bluray player surround setup. When I put the usb stick in tv and create surround setup with tv it plays incorrectly. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

You have removed the optical cable as it was working ok for me before hand with the optical cable, just not over Wifi, When I connect with only Wifi now, I have surround and and only need to use one remote.

So all my Wifi issues seem resolved.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all, 

This may or may not help others find solutions to connection issues via wifi especially if you have BT Smart hub, so worth posting in my opinion. 

I just reset my soundbars connection to my wifi accidentally via the control (by holding the repeat button down). Didn't know you could do this, but seems to be a few hidden features in the control when holding down buttons for a period. 

When I reconnected the soundbar to my wifi by simply using the add speaker function,  with some very random behaviour with visability of the speakers in TV menu and in the app.......... Same as others have reported with speakers missing, but also just sound coming from the rears and not the Soundbar, even though everything was grouped fine. 

I have now found the solution for my accidental issues; by resetting my router to factory settings and clearing the ip information for previously connected devices. I then also reset all the speakers and connected back to new WiFi, and also reconnected the TV to wifi but not resetting the TV. 

It's now all up and running as before just after update and working fine with good surround. Only issue I have is the Soundbar is not turning on with TV but hope to resolve this next. 

My thoughts are that even though your speakers didn't get accidentally reset like mine, it may be that there is an ip conflict in your router causing the connection issues............... Tried everything first ie. Setup through TV only, set up through app only etc and the only thing that worked for me was a router reset. 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

When you adjust volume with tv remote is the tv display double what soundbar displays? 

I just pressed wi-fi setup on the soundbar and readded the soundbar with multiroom app and now I too am getting good sound from surrounds. 

My tv currently displays the volume at 50 while the soundbar is displaying 25.

0 Likes