Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

Yes it is a good point Askerel and one I've made several times. My set up (Hw-k650 and two R1s)  works brilliantly from both my Samsung Android phone, my iPad and my wife's IPhone when playing in. WiFi surround via the Multiform app. The sound quality is simply amazing with lots of volume on the rear speakers. If I just group them, but without surround  I can control the volume even better with individual control via each speaker through the app, but without true 5.1 surround... 

The instant I connect to the TV I lose volume on the rear speakers in both surround or Group. That's why I personally don't think it is an issue with the surround speakers or the soundbar or the firmware. I have always thought it's being caused by the TV. 

I notice the optical work around gives me much better results with movies played through Netflix in 5.1 than movies I play through my Sky Q box.  

It's all so frustrating, I can't help but think... It's an easy fix for some Samsung software engineer in Korea! 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Well guys remember that the same thing happens when you connect the soundbar via HDMI Arc, so it's not only sound connect related. 

Anyone here with an older, pre soundconnect samsung tv or a different brand can test what happens when you plug the soundbar with ARC and make a surround group? 

If HDMI Arc works fine with other tv's it's definitely a TV issue. 

I have F series (pre sound connect) one in a bedroom, but I would have to take it down from the wall... 

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys
Not that this helps with the surround sound issue but I've found a hidden sub menu in the Wireless multiroom app (4.0.79) which allows you to turn the R360 speakers into wireless repeaters. If this is useful to anyone or it actually works to extend wifi range? Here's how...

Turn on your R360 speaker(s).
In the app go to Device settings > Advanced Settings > Network Status.
This should show what is connected (in my case it was 2 entries for R1 speakers with a wifi icon at the right hand side of each).
To access the Repeater Mode menu tap quickly (10 times I think) on the top speaker in the list (not the soundbar if this is also in the list as it does not seem to support this mode).
With my 2 R1's connected, the Repeater Mode menu shows both with a toggle switch at the right.
I turned both on and the wifi analyser app I was using shows 2 access points named "Direct **Samsung Wireless Audio"
This is as far as I've looked into this feature

.Repeater Mode.jpg

scott
Explorer
Options

Im on multiroom app 4.0.95

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Nothing from Samsung yet but thought I would post and celebrate the 100'th page of posting on this! 

Lets hope we don't get to 200 before a final fix :winking-face: 

0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

New app version out on Apple Store 

gone from 4078 to 4094

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options
Multi room app version 4.0.95 on Samsung Galaxy S6
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options
Let the tvs multiroom link settings create surround setup. Of course the surrounds will be too quiet. Select none for surround l and none for surround right then save. Open multiroom app and create surround setup and the surrounds will be at the correct volume level. Maybe??
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

unbelievable, I went back into tvs multiroom settings after readding the surrounds with my phones multiroom app and the tvs multiroom settings showed the r1s instead of none. I clicked save then turned off the tv holding the power button until smart tv screen came up to see if it would still work after restart or would revert to silent surrounds.

Oof, now neither the tv or the app on the phone can see my r1s but they are working as surrounds. The tvs multiroom settings are greyed out and I can select from sound mode options but the led on the soundbar shows mch.

Ive tried turning off the tv, the soundbar and restarting my phone but multiroom app on phone and tv still cant recognize the surrounds.

0 Likes