Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07/12/16 14:35)
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

 

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 


Ryan,

 

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

 

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

 

Can you please answer my questions.  

0 Likes
Reply
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

@scott wrote:

You asked why pcm sounded louder than dd 5.1. PCM is lossless. DD5.1 is not--it is compressed, meaning there are components of the original recording that are missing. 


PCM is stereo as we established.  DD5.1 Netflix sends DD5.1 and if the TV convers that to stereo then it omits more components (it cant,  by no amount of magic, invent new components) yet the sound volume does not go down.  Point is that your explanation is void of logic.

 

 

0 Likes
Reply
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Notsamsung, if you don't want other people to to answer your questions, why do you even come to the COMMUNITY forums? 

0 Likes
Reply
scott
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video
 
0 Likes
Reply
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

@Peejay84 wrote:

Notsamsung, if you don't want other people to to answer your questions, why do you even come to the COMMUNITY forums? 


Pretending to know my intentions?  Or are you deliberately misrepresenting it with your red herring abuse?

 

Ironically, my questions have not been answered.  

0 Likes
Reply
Moggy
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video
I have found this thread to be very informative as I own this set up although I have the KS8000 UK tv version. I would just like to thank everyone especially Robbienobs for getting this thing sorted. Once again thank you... Oh by the way, try not to reply to the troll and hopefully he will go away...
0 Likes
Reply
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video
Thanks Moggy........ Yes guys on here are very helpful and leave me in the dust on the technical side of things :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Reply
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 


Ryan,

 

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

 

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

 

Can you please answer my questions.  


As mentioned I have passed all the questions and comments to the developers. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything further. 

0 Likes
Reply
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 


Ryan,

 

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

 

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

 

Can you please answer my questions.  


As mentioned I have passed all the questions and comments to the developers. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything further. 


Why do you deliberately not to answer my questions?

 

You should ban the user that called you a troll.  

0 Likes
Reply
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 


Ryan,

 

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

 

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

 

Can you please answer my questions.  


As mentioned I have passed all the questions and comments to the developers. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything further. 


Why do you deliberately not to answer my questions?

 

You should ban the user that called you a troll.  


I don't personally have the answers to your question @NotSamsung. Once I have an update I will come back to you with an update. Thanks for your patience, please leave it with me. 

0 Likes
Reply
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Hi all. Anyone had this issue before? IMG-20170628-WA0003.jpg

 

 

 

 

0 Likes
Reply
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi Robbie

 

No, what's smart view? 

 

Lee

0 Likes
Reply
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi guys

 

Smart view is a Samsung app that let's you send stuff to your tv/speakers from your phone or tablet. I personally do use it much. 

 

Robbie have you tried to hard restart your tv by holding power button on the remote until SUHD logo shows up? 

0 Likes
Reply
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video
Hi Peejay84

Sorry should have given more detail.

I use this from my phone to play videos and u tube links to tv

Normally works fine but just started coming up with that warning
0 Likes
Reply
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Smart view is built into my Samsung S6 edge phone. I can send video to TV and vice versa, but it's been giving me this warning today stating it has to disconnect the speakers before connecting with smart view. 

 

Strange. I may try a reset when I have time

0 Likes
Reply
Kilo
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video
A little update if anybody remember my issues from last week.

Some magic, just turned in the tv a few hours and it just worked over optical. But wifi, still volume issues.

Read about other swedes here still also having volume issues over wifi? Might be a problem with our versions tvs/soundbars then?

But for me it's ok having the optical workaround up and running. If I have to do some regrouping now and then, also not and big thing for me. I just don't have the energi to be angry anymore.
0 Likes
Reply
Kilo
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video
Oh one more question.

I have 3 options in format, PCM, DD and DTS Neo 2:5.

What is the DTS Neo thing?
0 Likes
Reply
scott
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

I googled it a month or so ago and it seems to be a Samsung thing. Some type of matrixed version of DTS. I can't tell the difference between that and PCM.

 

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1439262-samsung-smart-hdtv-its-dts-neo-2-5...

0 Likes
Reply
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

I think it's a DTS version of surround upmix like Dolby Prologic (fake surround created from a stereo track) 

0 Likes
Reply
GliMM
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

@Kilo wrote:
A little update if anybody remember my issues from last week.

Some magic, just turned in the tv a few hours and it just worked over optical. But wifi, still volume issues.

Read about other swedes here still also having volume issues over wifi? Might be a problem with our versions tvs/soundbars then?

But for me it's ok having the optical workaround up and running. If I have to do some regrouping now and then, also not and big thing for me. I just don't have the energi to be angry anymore.

Hey Kilo

Send me a PM with instructions on how to reproduce your problem and i will try to verify.

I'm in Sweden and have thenordic models of the hardware.
Been away for some days so I have not been able to follow the discussion so im not not up to speed with your issue after 'the firmware fix'

 

 

0 Likes
Reply
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 


Ryan,

 

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

 

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

 

Can you please answer my questions.  


As mentioned I have passed all the questions and comments to the developers. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything further. 


Why do you deliberately not to answer my questions?

 

You should ban the user that called you a troll.  


I don't personally have the answers to your question @NotSamsung. Once I have an update I will come back to you with an update. Thanks for your patience, please leave it with me. 


Samsung needs to answer my questions.  Don't you work for them?

0 Likes
Reply