Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi all

I was thinking it might also be helpful to get some info on what the firmware has meant to have done in more detail. My understanding was that this update would allow us more control over the rear speakers not just fix the volume issue. Obviously neither things seem to have happened this time but a bit more info on what we are expecting would be most helpful.

Lee 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi frustrated 

Totally agree with your comments

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@frustrated wrote:

Can I suggest something.

When Samsung test a new firmware, prior to release it is standard engineering practice to use a defined hardware setup to ensure 1. The reported issue is resolved and 2. That no unexpected bugs have been introduced. 

As far as I can tell there is little or no  official samsung information regarding how to setup the 5.1 system. Could samsung please let us know the various settings for WiFi, arc, optical for both the tv and where appropriate the sound bar. If the samsung testers and the end users use the same settings we should hopefully get to the desired outcome sooner. A note of the firmware builds used would also help. 

Also is there a preferred setup for getting 5.1 when using a samsung KS  tv and the Hwk650 and R1 combo?

I've forwarded your post on to our Audio Visual peeps at Head Office to see what info and advice we can get for you, @frustrated.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

AntS

Good work o  forwarding comments......... Keep up the communication and we will all live in peace and serenity with you :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

AntS

Good work o  forwarding comments......... Keep up the communication and we will all live in peace and serenity with you :smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy:

Arnold Rimmer01.jpg

(Secretly/not-so secretely happy to increase my postcount. But I've got some way to match Angelo_O's 11,059 posts on the Italian Community here. :smileysurprised:)

0 Likes
AntS
Options

And good point raised there @leelazer. I've added that to what I've sent off for @frustrated.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Great this is exactly what's needed............ Keep this up and you might increase your Kudos count as well :smileywink:

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

I took ownership of a pair of R1's today and linked them up with my HW-K650 soundbar to my Samsung 8000 successfully only to experience the huge disappointment of discovering the inadequacy of the R1's as rear speakers due to the abysmally low volume obtainable in the 5.1 configuration.   Had I but read this thread...   

I was impressed with the quality when playing music from my iPad or Macbook though I have no need for them in this mode. 

I now wonder, should I return these or hold on for the elusive firmware update that is going to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

I have not had time to read through all of this protracted topic  in detail, so apologies for asking questions that may have been asked and answered before.  

1. Is the issue with the R1's confined to the HW-K650 soundbar 5.1 enhancement and is that where the software issues arise?   

2.  What is the optical connection workaround?  It seems unclear from skimming the posts herein, if it delivers surround sound or not.

Any advice very welcome.

0 Likes
Stanny
First Poster
Options

NICK0 I have spent hours on the phone to Samsung for them to keep telling me the quiet volume on the surround sound (r1) speakers is normal. I swear they weren't this quiet for a couple of weeks when I bought them in November. I have only read some of the 48 pages on this thread. Are we expecting the next update to fix the quietness of the surround sound or should I return the speakers because at the moment they are pointless?

0 Likes