Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07/12/16 14:35)
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

So, I am now totally baffled. I set up the surrounds via the TV and it still sounds fine. I have the sub set to minus 12 and the main volume I have between 30 and 40. the TV remembers the setting now but the sound bar isn't switching on and off with the TV. obviously it's still not right as the sub shouldn't need to be turned down that much and I can't work out how I can't get muffled sound anymore. there is a difference between the WiFi and the optical work around. you have to crank the volume a lot more in WiFi and the sub needs turning right down. the sound has a bit less high end I would say. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Hi leelazer

I can get mine to be muffled quite easily. 

All I have to do is go into TV expert settings first and add the R1's and select soundbar........ Then i go to TV sound input settings and I select soundbar plus r1's

I have surround mode selected all the time and all other settings are kept the same. 

Also gets muffled if I use the app to enter surround mode as long as the expert tv settings are already set up with the R1's and soundbar in wireless speaker management. 

I have permanently gone back to first workaround as bass is just not workable and I don't think quality/volume is as good in wifi with second work around. 

Seems we all have slightly different results from the same use of settings which I can only think would be the differing TV models ://

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Also before I swapped back.

The TV turn off does not power off the soundbar (only starts to display "wifi")  for me but if I power down the soundbar manually straight after tv, the soundbar then turns on with the TV and keeps the previous surround setting (number 2 workaround). 

0 Likes
Monkfish
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

Btw, I'd definitely recommend the Sony BDV-N7200W for anyone still in their returns-period. 

It probably won't be wifi compatible with your Samsang TVs (as I have), but the sound is great. 

Happy to answer any pms on it too. 

0 Likes
abob36
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Well gents, I just came  home from work. I turned on the TV, the soundbar fired up in WIFI mode, and I was getting the clearer 5.1 audio. I did not have to do anything.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi abob36

What volume do you have yours on for normal viewing? I have mine on 46 at the moment. that is about as loud as 22 via optical. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

For me it's 20 something for normal TV viewing on optical.............. Not sure about wifi as the bass is so high it vibrates the control out my hand before I can adjust the volume :smileylol:

Dogs start howling in the street, the birds fly away and all the car alarms go off........... Oh and the loose slates on the roof have fallen off......... Apart from that it's all good lol

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi Robbie

Have you turned the sub down to -12? lol 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Sorry have to laugh or I will start to cry lol

Yes but when I have it minus 12 sound quality is affected especially at higher levels

Also when I use Spotify from phone to soundbar I then have to re adjust the sub again......... And then again when back on tv

All too messy for me with better sound on optical workaround and less hassle even with using extra control

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

I agree the sound is still better over optical with less messing about involved. I just think it would only need a very minor tweak to get this problem sorted once and for all. come on Samsung.  I am seriously considering your K950 soundbar with Dolby Atmos but if you can't get this one fixed I will go for the Yamaha atmos soundbar instead.  

0 Likes