Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Can someone from Samsung please confirm that Samsung acknowledge this is a firmware issue on the K650 soundbar when connecting radiant speakers to the K650 in surround mode! 

Can you please confirm that the sound quality is in fact terrible on surround mode! 

Please confirm that there is a sub woofer setting of -12 when it should stop at -6!

Can someone please confirm this is being resolved or advise on how I get a full refund as you have ruined what I have spent hundreds of pounds on! 

You are selling hardware with untested, underdeveloped firmware, with knee jerk fixes that cause more problems than they resolve! 

Hello........... Anyone there....... Hello....... Samsung........ You there? 

Bryantay
Explorer
Options

I can confirm this issue as well. Sound is fine on the soundbar until you connect to Radiant360 speaker for surround.

Hopefully the communication and support on this forum is better because it's nonexistent on the US forum.

Below is my set up and firmware information:

TV: Samsung UN65KS8000
Firmare: 1142

Soundbar: Samsung HW-K650
Firmware: HW-K650WWB-3108.9 / 0335.0R

Suround Speakers: (2) Radiant360 R3
Firmware: WAM3500WWB-3110.5 / 169R

Please reference these threads on the US forums for more details:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater-Home-Audio/Samsung-HW-K650-Soundbar-and-Radiant-360...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/hometheaterhomeaudio/page/1/...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater-Home-Audio/New-Owner-HW-K650-Disappointment/m-p/482...

0 Likes
BornInThe50s
First Poster
Options

As a new owner of the 650, I can confirm the sound bar issues after the firmware upgrade. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware to a previous release? I enjoyed a whole hour of good sound until the upgrade.

I mistakenly posted on the US site, I'm still looking to return the kit within the 30 day period if this issue isn't at least acknowledged as being looked at/fixed by Samsung..

I can also confirm the -12 setting

US Post

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater-Home-Audio/New-Owner-HW-K650-Disappointment/m-p/482...

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I believe samsung know there is an issue with firmware for surround mode. 

Hours spent talking to customer service and they don't have a clue. 

No specific response on here only generic answers from Samsung robots. 

I am looking into my legal standing with regards to returning the whole lot. 

In the meantime as samsung won't respond I am going to leave as many reviews as I can on very popular sites about Samsungs firmware issues, and even more importantly their complete lack of support and honesty! 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I am starting to believe that samsung make these approaches on forums to give a false a impression of good customer service. 

Token comments with no real technical backup and with only generic non specific answers and requests for information. 

I have contacted trading standards with regards to samsung issuing firmware updates and ruining the kit I purchased with nothing but generic responses from tech support, obviously reading from a Samsung book of excuses. 

Their head office is in Chertsey just up the road from me so I will print all this off,  and take my samsung call reference number and the soundbar and surround speakers and go see the girl on reception. 

I wonder if anyone will speak to me then! 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi Robbienobs.

We're currently looking into this with our TV, Audio & Video experts (i.e. technical supergeeks) to see what can be done to fix this for you guys.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Ok I will wait with bated breath! 

Please bear in mind this was reported to your call center months ago and nothing has been done to this day....... 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

I live in Slough ill pop up with you 🙂

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I will hold you to that :smileyhappy:

I will let you know when I finally run out of patience 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Samsung speaks!!!

Thanks Robbienobs for accomplishing what appeared to be the impossible... Getting any reaction from Samsung.

Hopefully they’re seriously looking into this and not just trying to dampen down your threat.

As for me? I’m still going to hit as many review message boards as I can to report my experience over the last 6 months with the complete lack of communication from all aspects of Samsung support outlets. Weather they fix it or not at this point doesn’t change my feelings for how Samsung treats their customers when they’re having issues. My patience ran out a while ago!

0 Likes