Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Oh no another corruptdate........... I haven't tried this yet.

Would be handy If samsung gave some commentary along with the update....... List of bug fixes etc

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Did anyone test if the center channel issue is still present? 

What about DTS 5.1? 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I'm still to scared to try it Peejay. It's working ok at the moment.  If I update and it screws it up I will be gutted. Although I'm looking to upgrade to an atmos soundbar of some kind in the near future I still need this one working as well as possible until then lol. 

Lee 

0 Likes
jase
Apprentice
Options

Oh no.. not again. I'm not updating the soundbar!

Jase

0 Likes
DazzaP
Student
Options
Samsung, you've killed the volume on the R1s again!

I was loving this kit after the last update, you've ruined it again!

Please, please, please fix it
0 Likes
DazzaP
Student
Options
Whether I use optical lead or wifi, the volume is so low as to be pointless!
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Lost a good bit of functionality with the soundbar remote after 3114. Can't change inputs, can't adjust subwoofer level which is way too loud now. Appears only on off, volume, mute and reset are the only options with the remote. 

Before the update, about 25 on the volume level was pretty good, now 12 seems too loud at times and the surround speakers are only audible at the correct level when volume level is about 45.

Too bad they can't have a microphone that you can place at the center of listening area that can calibrate volume levels in multichannel mode. 

At any rate, my system is no longer viable for surround sound. Prior to the update I was very happy with the surround sound. It did everything I needed it to do. My blurays sounded fantastic, both DTS and Dolby digital plus played 5.1 discretely when UBD-K8500 multilink created the speaker. Now for all intents and purposes it is only a 3.1 system because the volume level of the surround speakers did not concommitantly adjust to the volume format change of from 0-50 to 0-100.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

The center channel is still broken... Also I don't remember updating the firmware but I'm on 3114.2, so it probably updated on its own

0 Likes
jase
Apprentice
Options

I turned off the auto-updates after the problem was fixed.
Just because of this BS.

Jase

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Hey Guys,  

Strangely enough after the upgrade my center channel seems to be working correctly now. Much better base in the voices.  Can't say much for the surrounds as they are still quite. Although i did hear a hint of them during Game Of Thrones last night (which i would never hear them in the past).

I'll be spending the next couple of days evaluating and report back.

0 Likes