Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 28-07-2018 07:52 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Trying now

0 Likes
kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

for the r1s mine just shows 3117? i have tried to update the app tells me its uptodate nothing else on the 650 i am on 1145.1 again app tells me uptodate.

Assume like most of these  updates its to enhance third party services rather than to enhance products?

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

My 650 updated, but cant hear anything different yet. nothing obvious.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys, DeathOnStilts over on the US site, posted the following. I did not know there was a desktop app:

Preface

This solution may not work for everyone.  Only tested on Android and Windows devices.

Environment

• 1x Samsung 65" UN65KS9500FXZA
    • Firmware:  1207
    • Connection:  WiFi (2.4 GHz)
    • HDMI Audio Format:  PCM
  • 1x Samsung HW-J6500R Soundbar 
    • Firmware:  3117.2/1103.0R
    • Connection:  WiFi (2.4 GHz)
  • 2x Samsung Radiant 360 R1 
    • Firmware:  3117.1/181R
    • Connection:  WiFi (2.4 Ghz)
  • 1x Samsung Galaxy S9+
    • Samsung Multiroom Mobile App v.4132
  • 1x Windows 10 Laptop
    • Samsung Multiroom Desktop App Beta v.1.5.0
      • Current version is more locked down and will not allow access to Equalizer option in Surround Group.
    • Windows Installer
    • Mac OSX Installer

Guide

• Download and install the Samsung Multiroom Mobile App v.4132 on your device.
    • In app - create Surround Group.  My attempt to do this through the Desktop App caused it to lock up.  
    • Balance:
      • Soundbar = 0
      • Surround L = 6
      • Surround R = 6
  • Download and install the Samsung Multiroom Desktop App Beta v.1.5.0 on your Windows device.
    • In app - Go to Settings -> Device Settings - Equalizer.  Create Custom preset based on your preferences. 
    • My Preset Settings:
      • 150  = 3.0
      • 300 = 1.0
      • 600 = -1.0
      • 1.2K = -2.0
      • 2.5K = -1.0
      • 5.0K = 1.0
      • 10.K = 3.0

I now have clear audio that is no longer muffled and unbalanced.  Hope this helps

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I now have clear audio that is no longer muffled and unbalanced.  Hope this helps

Samsung is no doubt working on a fix for that.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Did you have to do anything to get the Windows App to work, it just crashes on my  Machine when it trys to find the Speakers.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

He said he had to have multiroom app and speakers grouped there first.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

I had no issues installing the app on my Windows 10 computer. Once I grouped the speakers in the mobile app, I was able to set EQ in the Windows app. I have yet to test, however. 

My speakers are still on the really old firmware that seems to be the last good working one.

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all,

A bit late to the party, but I just picked up X2 WAM3500(R3) to hook up to my HWJ750 soundbar that is connected via ethernet to my router. 

The TV it all plays off is a KS9000 (UK)

Issue I have with the R3s is getting surround to work. I followed the guide to connect them to the soundbar, but this forces the SB into Multi Channel mode.

As far as I can hear, the sound effect is very much like stereo rather than any kind of surround.

Further to that, there is a -7 difference in volume between the R3s to the soundbar and I cannot figure out a way to get them matched up. This isn't such an issue when watching TV, but when I'm streaming Spotify etc I'd prefer them more balanced.

Lastly, if I try to put the TV back into SOUND CONNECT mode to the TV, the R3s don't output any sound.

I've set the Wireless speaker modes to PCM only if that makes any difference (I read somewhere that was best)

Is there anything I'm missing?

All devices are on latest firmware as of this post.

Thank you for any assistance

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Sorry to tell you but if I were you  I’d  return the R3s while you can. This setup doesn’t work or sound  good at all. Samsung has shown no intention of fixing the issues. 

0 Likes