Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 12-02-2018 09:46 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

Hi Newbie, here hoping someone can give me a quick steer.

I have a hw-ms 650. I have just purchased an R6 did add a bit of back speaker. I own a 2017 samsung tv as well. I do not seem to be able to connect both the 650 and r6 simultaneously? the 650 is connected via a hdmi lead as well as potentially wifi.

I have down loaded the samsung multiroom app and both units connect to it on the same wifi network that the tv connects to. Both the 650 and the r6 appear in the app and using speaker selection on the tv i can listen to both units independantly but not together.

I can not select the multilink setting on the tv, i spoke to samsung and they told me i need to purchase another r6? i am loathe to do this as i am not after a 5.1 type solution, just wanted a bit of a sound out put behind me.

So any way to get the two units working together? any help appreciated, many thanks

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I think the surround option only shows up when you have at least two Radiant speakers connected.

You can still pair your soundbar with R6 as multiroom "Group" and listen to music like that, but you won't be able to play tv sound through it

kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the information, thats a blow as i really didnt want to get into having to buy any more speakers as well as finding places were to fit them!

Thx

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

I made the same mistake. You need two rear speakers for your setup to configure for surround sound. Hope this helps.

kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

many thanks for the replies, just one other question, do i need to use another r6 or can i use a cheaper r1?

thx

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I don't think anyone here has two different types of speakers. R6 is the weird shaped one with a battery right?

My bet is that they would connect, but will probably sound weird as they are different speakers.

Be sure to buy somewhere you can return! 

kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

many thx

0 Likes
kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

one last assist plz, other than the very expensive sub samsung offer to match the ms 650 are there others in there range ( or anybody elses) that could work with the 650?

thx

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

No, ms650 only works with swa-w700 sub. It's expensive but iveI read it is really good.

Also if you have ms650 you might consider buying dedicated rear speakers for it, swa-9000. They should be less problematic than radiants, and you can use the remote to control them. They are also cheap, i think they cost less than a single r6

kwiggo
Journeyman
Options

many thx for the steer, appreciated.

0 Likes