Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 31-08-2017 10:41 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

1201.8 is out for tv. I updated but have yet to notice anything changed.

0 Likes
TimeWalker
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a long time as I too had issues with soundbar + rear speaker connection being unreliable, having audio delays and what not.

After failing to make it work reliably some time ago, I retried to connect K650 with the R1 speakers over tha app on my iPad - after all we've had a firmware update that should fix most problems. I don't know why but this time I've now been hit with super low volume on rear speaker issue too. It doesn't matter if it's over TV ARC or optical, you have to put your ear on the speaker to hear anything.

It boggles my mind because before I had normal volumes with rear speakers. Now even with soundbar at -6 and speakers at +6 it's pretty useless.

Anybody have the same issue reappear again? Or does somebody have a fix for this?

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Have you tried soundbar+2ch(wi-fi)?

0 Likes
Eastbone
Apprentice
Options

I bought the speaker combo around Christmas and have followed this thread with interest despite not having the problems described (only real problem has been some lip syncing issues). I have an old Samsung tv so connection is always over the ARC channel as it does not have WiFi.

After the the recent round of firmware updates, I went to setup the speakers in 5.1 configuration using the app, and as soon as I linked the first speaker, it announced as usual “rear left” but so quietly I could barely hear it. My heart sank. After 8 months or so of decent performance, and Samsung finally seeming to have nailed it, I’ve become a victim of the dreaded bug that has plagued to many of you.

I’ve reset them, relinked them to the WiFi but no change.

Gutted. 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
So aside from Scott, has the update broken everyone's setup?
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Mine is still working really well. 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Mine never got fixed in the first place.

The original update that "fixed the issue" never made much of a difference on my system. 

0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

Mines working fine 🙂 with all latest updates on

UE49KS8000

K650

2 x R1

0 Likes
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

Mine is still working fine since the last update but I do still need a hefty offset between the K650 and the R1s to balance it up.  Lip sync and wifi connection both fine.

KS7000 / K650 / 2xR1s all latest firmware

0 Likes
Eastbone
Apprentice
Options

I think I may have solved my problem. I paired the two R1s as a stereo pair. Increased their volume using the + - physical buttons on one of them, then unpaired, setup in 5.1 mode, and hey presto, I have evenly balanced speakers again! 

Just need to test with some video sources now.