Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 10-08-2017 05:29 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I just checked and I am also already on 3114.2 my surrounds still work perfectly though. Just out of curiosity I checked the Samsung website and 3114.2 was definitely only released yesterday so I'm not sure when my system updated as I have always had to manually update previously.  I have checked my volume which is now 0 to 100 and it is louder at lower volumes than before. I can still change source and adjust sub volume so I haven't lost that functionality as someone e else has.  It's all very strange 

Lee 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi All

Just to confirm I am on the latest firmware and my system is still working well. Cant see any changes except that the volume is now 0 to 100. Have you updated Robbie? Some seem to be saying the volume on their rear speakers has gone but mine is still good.  

Lee 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
I shouldn't be updated as I turned that off. I will check when I get home to see what version I am on. I wonder if for whatever reason there is some difference between the US and EU models? That is the only thing I can think of why there would be differences between our experiences.

I love how they release these updates with no announcement or notes of what it is supposedly updating. Did we get DTS 5.1 support? Could that answer Bryantay's reason he hears the rears?
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Lee

Not in UK until 22nd so can't test or see if mine has updated. 

I have dropped an email to samsung stating some reporting issues with rears and volume control reduction in capability and got below response.........

Dear Mr Hickey, upon receipt of your email I have raised this to our audio visual department for their comment and support. Either myself or my colleague will return to you as soon as possible to assist further.

Regards

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options
Due to my language my post yesterday was taken away.

Well. My system is totaly down now. Getting No sound what so ever from R1s, and the soundbar is after...

Why. Why. Why Samsung did you even have to make an update?
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Make sure you try a factory reset on everything before giving up (if you haven't already). TV may need to be reset as well and make sure everything is on same Wi-Fi, etc. You never know.

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options
I did have to reset my R3s and then re-add them for the TV to see all 3 at the same time.

Reset them by holding down the up and down volume buttons.
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I have regained full functionality with remote. I have to turn volume up to 50 before the surrounds kick in. They must not have gotten the memo about the change in volume levels from 0-50 to 0-100.

DTS 5.1 still works when bluray player creates soundbar+2ch wi-fi but only matrixed multichannel when tv creates soundbar+2ch wi-fi.

Volume levels are still 0-50 on multiroom app.

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options
I got an angry private message from admin and my post got removed after 30min. I responded right away with a polite answer, and still after 24h no response. I really think they focus om the wrong things....
0 Likes
Moggy
First Poster
Options
This has really pi##ed me right off. Why the hell did they have to update when there was faff all up with it. Now the Soundbars tinny as f#@k and the R1's are non-existent ... Not happy 😞
0 Likes