Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 28-06-2017 08:12 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Peejay84 wrote:
Because your tv has 2 speakers and it down mixes 5.1 to stereo, just like it does with PCM setting, so the volume remains the same.

That does not answer my question. 

Besides,  that DD5.1 volume bug question was not directed at you.

My Sony TV had a setting that kept the volume output the same across channels and input sources.   Nobody, not even the obscurantists,  have been able to explain why this is not a bug.   That's as expected,   given that the obscurantists can't explain audio formats (& the TV settings).

Why does Ryan refuse to explain tghe Audio Format questions?  Surely he can ask his Samsung engineers to explain this in plain non obscurantist English.  The TV manual is void of this,  so is the k650 manual.  

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

You asked why pcm sounded louder than dd 5.1. PCM is lossless. DD5.1 is not--it is compressed, meaning there are components of the original recording that are missing. 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 

Ryan,

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

Can you please answer my questions.  

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@scott wrote:

You asked why pcm sounded louder than dd 5.1. PCM is lossless. DD5.1 is not--it is compressed, meaning there are components of the original recording that are missing. 

PCM is stereo as we established.  DD5.1 Netflix sends DD5.1 and if the TV convers that to stereo then it omits more components (it cant,  by no amount of magic, invent new components) yet the sound volume does not go down.  Point is that your explanation is void of logic.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Notsamsung, if you don't want other people to to answer your questions, why do you even come to the COMMUNITY forums? 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Peejay84 wrote:

Notsamsung, if you don't want other people to to answer your questions, why do you even come to the COMMUNITY forums? 

Pretending to know my intentions?  Or are you deliberately misrepresenting it with your red herring abuse?

Ironically, my questions have not been answered.  

0 Likes
Moggy
First Poster
Options
I have found this thread to be very informative as I own this set up although I have the KS8000 UK tv version. I would just like to thank everyone especially Robbienobs for getting this thing sorted. Once again thank you... Oh by the way, try not to reply to the troll and hopefully he will go away...
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks Moggy........ Yes guys on here are very helpful and leave me in the dust on the technical side of things :smiling-face:
0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 

Ryan,

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

Can you please answer my questions.  

As mentioned I have passed all the questions and comments to the developers. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything further. 

0 Likes