Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 27-06-2017 08:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Also it's very clear from my experience that the firmware show is run from Korea, and without extreme pressure from Samsung UK they will not fix firmware faults. 

Nothing personal but all this talk by Moderators is like bolting the door after the horse has been running around for nearly a year! 

I am pleased the rear volume issues have been resolved but if I find there are further faults with the firmware/hardware I will pick up where I left off and reissue the letter of deadlock.............. Just need to find the time to do some testing! 

0 Likes
aTomo
Journeyman
Options

Regarding the 30 day refound. In all EU countrys we have AT LEAST 2 years of guarantee - here in Sweden where I live we have 3 years. (source: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm"

You can take your clame to your dealer and if they can not repair the deivice you have the right for a refund.

I still have a problem with the rears R1 volyme - they are to low for me even at +6 max boost when using it in WiFi mode? Im running 3112.5 on the R1 and 3113.5 on the K650 and the multiroomapp states that it is the latest firmware. Maby a reset of all devices is needed or something like that?

But... it does not realy mater until they fix the problem with the center channel. Any movie with DD5.1 sounds like ***** sadly 😞

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:
Indeed, it must be easy to admit that there is no process to inform Samsung of their product defects.

Ths irony is that the Samsung engineers knows very well what the defects are, but refuse to fix it.  Either that, or Samsung do not test products. 

How do I get a refund for this defective k650?

The Customer Services team would speak to you initially, help troubleshoot the issue and then take corrective action if they're unable to assist any further. This could be looking at an engineer/repair for example. The calls and interactions are logged on a central system which is then passed to the relevant teams. 

The engineers are informed of feedback from customers. We attempt to replicate customer issues which isn't always possible. As @AntS mentioned earlier, there are various teams and channels out there. I think I addressed this before, but we need to do a better job of making those channels more visible. 

You're going to struggle to return the K650 if it's outside of the 30 days. Where did you purchase it from? We would recommend speaking to the retailer and asking if they would accept a return. 

Have you been able to replicate theae two issues:  

(i) the bug where the K650 center speaker lacks bass crossover when playing DD5.1, and

(ii) the bug where the sound volume of the K650 drops when changing TV Audio Format from PCM to Dolby Digital?

In other words: do you agree that these are K650 defects (does not work as designed,  does not work as advertised)?

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I'm pretty sure the lower overall volume in DD5. 1 in comparison to stereo PCM isn't a bug, it's just how it works. You have 5 channels crammed into 2, so it will obviously be louder. It's exactly the same with MS650

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I agree. My separates system was the same. Always had to crank up surround tracks to get the same volume as a stereo track.  

Lee. 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

PCM is lossless where vanilla version of DD5.1 is very compressed(1's and 0's are missing). DD+ is compressed also but is, for most people indistinguishable from lossless.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Peejay84 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the lower overall volume in DD5. 1 in comparison to stereo PCM isn't a bug, it's just how it works. You have 5 channels crammed into 2, so it will obviously be louder. It's exactly the same with MS650

My TV sound volume is the same as the soundbar. When I change channels or input the volume remains the same.   Why would dd5.1 be so quiet? 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Because your tv has 2 speakers and it down mixes 5.1 to stereo, just like it does with PCM setting, so the volume remains the same.

0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@scott wrote:

PCM is lossless where vanilla version of DD5.1 is very compressed(1's and 0's are missing). DD+ is compressed also but is, for most people indistinguishable from lossless.

More obscurantism.  Why not just say what you want to say? What's your point?

DD+  ***facepalm****

0 Likes