Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-06-2017 08:32 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Same here. Have done optimus test and seems fine. But appreciate what's been said that this involves front left right channels also

I am not getting tinny sounds from centre channel when waiting tv/films and all seems OK.

I have noticed from months of testing that I seem to get a different result from every test file I have played, for the good and bad. 

I apologise for my lack of technical input but glad we have some guys who are experts here :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Lee,
Well I'm 100% sure it's not only that file but everything that comes through center channel.

When I'm playing that file through ms650 everything sounds perfect. All channels sound the same.

As for rears i don't think they should get sub support, they have their own woofers.
I think the bass management for k650 is done internally in the soundbar (on top of just playing LFE channel through it) , and it's not a dolby issue. Active crossover splits the signal and sends low frequencies to the woofer, high frequencies to twitters etc. For some reason it doesn't do it for the center channel. It just sounds like the filter cuts everything below 100 Hz or so (Simon's test file will be very handy here)

Remove your rears and use only the soundbar. Play the file. Rear left and rear right commands now get a sub support, i guess it's because they are being played by left and right channel.
Now put the soundbar in MOVIE mode. Center channel test now gets a proper bass support because it bleeds to left and right channel.

As for real life content.
It is very noticeable with deep male voices. Watch any of 5.1 David Attenboroughs documentaries on Netflix in standard mode. Now switch to MOVIE mode. You will notice how drastic the change is.

Explosions are fine most of the time, because they aren't coming from the center channel, although doors being shut, gunfights etc often are and they sound just as bad.
0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to ask, but could someone please let me know how to factory reset the k650 sound Bar, sub and ks7000?

Thanks

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

For HW-K650 switch soundbar to d.in and while in standby mode, press and hold mute button for more than 5 seconds.

For the tv, you need a universal remote. Turn the tv off and with universal remote programmed to change tv channels, press mute, mute, 1, 8, 2, power. Should bring up service menu after displaying smart tv screen.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Soundbar = press and hold + & - volume buttons

Sub = press the reset button in the small hole next to power lead input

Tv = not sure lol
0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Full reset of your TV is done through the support menu, but you can also do a hard restart by holding on/of button on the remote for a few seconds. Tv should display samsung SUHD tv logo while powering up.
Its very useful when Netflix or Amazon apps get stuck.

And yeah, Optimus speech sounds good because it's not going through the center channel only :smiling-face:

Robb did you try that Frauhoffer file?
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I did but to be honest I wasnt being so detailed in my assessment of the results as you guys........ Probably still on a high from the rear volume issue being fixed :smiling-face: 

I will test again with the same file in the morning and report back taking a bit more time to be sure......... And hopefully keep up with you guys

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Peejay

Definitely get what you are saying. However, and I am sure Simon can correct me if I'm wrong. I belive the sub channel, as in the. 1 part of the 5.1 signal is totally separate and so not affected by active crossovers.  To explain what I mean a little better imagine this.  If you had a separates system and you unplugged all the normal speakers but left the sub plugged in you would still get the sub sounds for all the channels as it's fed by a separately encoded channel.   

Lee

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
I'm not a sound engineer but I think LFE is both. A separate channel carrying let say BOOM sounds :winking-face: and a channel where the bass from the rest of the channels is being redirected in 5.1 sets, if they don't have their own bass speakers. I think it's created "on the fly" most of the time,and not an actual track carrying all the low frequencies from all the channels.
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

All 

I know this is a hit of a change of subject but I was just looking at videos on YouTube. We all know the surround does not work at all well on there. However I just found this on there

https://youtu.be/_ttYSpt8oiw

It says it's an Lpcm 5.1 test. Strangely it works perfectly with all channels separated. I have no idea why. If you have the YouTube app on your TV can you give it a try so I know I'm not going mad. Lol.  

Lee

0 Likes