Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 23-06-2017 10:12 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Rob, Simon thanks for checking this for me guys! I just want to know if every K650 behaves like this.

Like I said, the source of the signal does not matter, the center speakers don't get any support from the sub. It's completely silent in every test I've made.

For me it's very noticeable, especially with male voices and sound effects like gunshots that often play through the center channel in dolby. It really sounds bad. Like the active crossover is working and cuts the low frequencies from the center channel, but doesn't send it to the woofer. The difference in dialogues between my k650 and my ms650 is night and day.
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I notice Samsung has the HW-K850 on sale @799 with a free UBD-K8500 bluray player included.

I wonder if that applies to open box stuff at Bestbuy? I notice Bestbuy has some open box HW-K850 soundbars for less than 500. All my stuff is open box from Bestbuy. The tv, soundbar, r1's, bluray player--everything. 

The previous owner of the bluray player left all of his subscription apps like Netflix, Amazon, etc. signed in. I did a factory reset anyway.

Bought the bluray version of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the surround sound is incredible. The bluray has a choice of Dolby True HD or DTS HD MA. All my other blurays are either one or the other. The Great Wall has a lot of surround effects throughout the movie. Arrows whistling through the air different explosions, etc.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Peejay

I definitely.get sub woofer support for my centre channel as I have said before I think. Have you got a copy of any of the transformer films? If so see if you get sub support when playing sone optimus Prime dialogue. The opening sequence of dark side of the moon is best as on the intro his voice only comes from the centre channel.  

Lee

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

I'd like to thow my hat in here an say that I too am having the issue of no sub woofer support for my centre channel.

I've been holding out saying anything regarding the new firmware because I couldn't quite tell if it helped the sound issue at all for me.  I listen to movies and i still can't really hear any suround channels. 

Also, because the center channels is so thin (no sub support) I still end up swithing the the soundbar back to just TV (2-channel) because the sound is so much fuller.

So for now my system is still no good even with the recent update.  Sux...

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Yeah lee, that's why i think it might be a hardware issue and that not everyone is affected. 

I think all Transformer movies are either on Netflix or Prime, gonna check it later, i have MS-650 plugged in right now. 

I did notice that in Dolby "offscreen" dialogues and narrations often spread on L/R/C channels, and they sound good because of that

For example in that new Brad Pitt Netflix movie, the narrator voice is coming from all 3 channels and it sounds good, but whenever onscreen characters talk it sounds horrible. 

Also you can eliminate the problem by setting MOVIE mode on a soundbar alone. It spreads the center channel across Left and Right, but you can't actually use MOVIE mode in surround setup. 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
>I listen to movies and i still can't really hear any surround channels.

Some movies aren't using rears much. TV shows almost never use them for anything other than music, crickets or an occasional gunshot (and its usually the same sound as fronts but quieter).

If you have Netflix, watch a movie called Equalizer. It utilizes rear channels all the time, surround is really easy to notice there.
Same with the new Amazon show "American Gods". Rear speakers basically create wall of sound through entire episodes.
0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options
Simon
I am also using my set up via HDMI and to my untrained ear sounds good. Ok some channels/sources are better than others but overall decent. Question? What would be in your opinion the ultimate set up...fully wifi or hdmi?
0 Likes
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

Neil

If the HDMI connection works reliably then there is no reason not to use it. Under the old firmware I found that I got frequent audio dropouts over HDMI and sync problems over both HDMI and optical. With the new firmware the WiFi connection is solid, the surrounds work and the sync is spot on all the time so for me this is the best option. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Same for me. Full wifi is all good. I have centre channel sub support and no sound sync issues, which I did have on optical. 

No more connection issues since I reset my router so all good here. 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Have any of you guys that are having center channel lfe support issues tried reconnecting subwoofer to soundbar?

With the soundbar powered off press the id set button on the back of the subwoofer until blue light flashes. With the soundbar still powered off press the mute button on the remote until id set appears on soundbar. Power on soundbar and subwoofer should reconnect.

0 Likes