Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 18-06-2017 04:55 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

The channel for Wi-Fi is something you configure in your router.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Lee

I am sure you have been mistaken for a Samsung moderator before hehe

Must have an air of authority in your posts :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

Haha. Well...

Apologies for the short reply. I was in my car and thought that a quick and short reply was better than a lengthy one that ended abruptly :smiling-face:

But the Wi-Fi channel is something set in your router. 

And if your router has both 5G (AC) and 2.4G then this is separate settings.

The soundbar and rears have proven issues if you use a channel for 5G outside the range of channel 36 to 48.

If you use 2.4ghz Wi-Fi then the channel used is of no problem.

To verify what channel that is used use the multiroom app or a Wi-Fi analyzer app of choice. 

If you want to switch from 5G Wi-Fi to your 2.4 then you will have to repeat the connection procedure on each device and select the 2.4 instead

Regards

Richard

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Robbie

Yes I think I did, you're right.  Lol. Have you decided to upgrade the firmware on your TV or not mate? 

Lee 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

HI Lee

I have decided after sleeping on it (and having a nightmare about this all starting again) to turn off auto update on tv and soundbar and not up date again now. 

No point in updating as I have no issues with how it sounds or operates at the moment. 

It's even powering correctly with TV standby now so happy days :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
I think that's the way I will go too Robbie. It's all working great now so I'm not going to mess with it.

Lee
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

1180 takes away hdr notifications except for tv's amazon prime app. Supposedly 1180 adds uhd support for tv's VUDU app but mine still only shows hdx. Tv's picture settings still automatically adjust when hdr content is playing. 

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

Being reckless, I updated my UE49KS8000 to the latest firmware.  The only change I have noticed is that if the speaker system is not grouped, my R1's now appear when I scroll through the Select Speaker option in the TV's menu which I can't remember seeing previously.   Is that  correct or am I imagining things?

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

Just go back into wireless speaker management and re make the group. If they aren't grouped they will indeed show up separately.  

Lee 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@leelazer wrote:

Hi Not Samsung.

Firstly, I don't work for Samsung. I am on here trying to help people and also trying to get help myself.  The way you write your messages seems to assume that I have an obligation to answer and fix all your problems. 

I haven't dismissed any of your problems though.  Please let us all know your exact set up including what TV, soundbar and rear speakers you are using so we can try to help you. 

The reason I said that your TV can't accept, passthrough or output multi channel PCM is because none of our Samsung TV's can. Neither can our K650 soundbar. It's just a matter of reading through the manual to find that out as it's not in the specs.  

In regard to Dolby 5.1 tracks being a bit quieter over all than a stereo track. Yes it is for me. But, I mean overall. So when I turn it up a bit all the channels including the rears come up and remain balanced with the overall system so in that respect Samsung gave managed to fix that issue for me and quite a few others on here.  I'm sorry if you felt I had dismissed any issues you may be having. I can only tell you what works and doesn't work for me. I do my best to try to help. I found the optical cable work around that got us by over the last few months. 

Lee. 

Hi Lee,

Never claimed that you work for Samsung. 

My setup:

See my previous posts,  the ones you responded too - they have my exact setup,  tests,  results and questions.

My rear M3 speakers hardly make a sound when playing Netflix DD5.1 via Samsung TV when Audio Output =Dolby Digital on my K650 (all 5.1 speakers connected via Wifi). 

That's the exact same issue listed in this thread.   What am I missing here?

How do you know that no Samsung TV can output multichannel PCM over Wifi from an internal TV source (such as Netflix)? 

0 Likes