Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 18-06-2017 08:17 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

Counselling is usually a good thing. Wish I had taken my ex wifes advice in regards to counselling. 

Dont upgrade to new firmware without good counselling. Seriously....

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@leelazer wrote:

Hi 

What question did you ask me mate? The problem that Samsung fixed for us was the low volume of the rear speakers when surround sound was used o er WiFi. We now have good rear speaker volume. That's pretty much what mist of this entire thread is about.  

Lee. 

But that's the issue I have-low rears over wifi.  I unexplained that but you dismissed it. 

And before you said your speaker volume is way lower when using Output fornat is  Dolby Digital compared to PCM.  How can you say that the issue is resolved?

My other questions were per my posts.  Did you read them? We both know you did.     One of then you claimed that my tv can't output multi-channel PCM.  How do you know that? 

0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

@NotSamsung wrote:

@leelazer wrote:

Hi 

What question did you ask me mate? The problem that Samsung fixed for us was the low volume of the rear speakers when surround sound was used o er WiFi. We now have good rear speaker volume. That's pretty much what mist of this entire thread is about.  

Lee. 

But that's the issue I have-low rears over wifi.  I unexplained that but you dismissed it. 

And before you said your speaker volume is way lower when using Output fornat is  Dolby Digital compared to PCM.  How can you say that the issue is resolved?

My other questions were per my posts.  Did you read them? We both know you did.     One of then you claimed that my tv can't output multi-channel PCM.  How do you know that? 

I have done some tests with different settings. I definitely get multi channel separation with PCM and DD on the TV. Checked it with a test DD file.  So for me personally, this is what I am leaving the settings on.

I remember once somebody telling me that you couldn't send a DTS signal over optical. With the KS8000 you are definitely able to do this (obviously with my old AV receiver attached, rather than the sound bar, as the sound bar doesn't support full DTS 5.1).

Maybe on this TV, PCM is in fact LPCM?

All I know is that it works for me and I am happy with the result.

Thanks to Robbie and everyone else concerned. Really good result.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Not Samsung.

Firstly, I don't work for Samsung. I am on here trying to help people and also trying to get help myself.  The way you write your messages seems to assume that I have an obligation to answer and fix all your problems. 

I haven't dismissed any of your problems though.  Please let us all know your exact set up including what TV, soundbar and rear speakers you are using so we can try to help you. 

The reason I said that your TV can't accept, passthrough or output multi channel PCM is because none of our Samsung TV's can. Neither can our K650 soundbar. It's just a matter of reading through the manual to find that out as it's not in the specs.  

In regard to Dolby 5.1 tracks being a bit quieter over all than a stereo track. Yes it is for me. But, I mean overall. So when I turn it up a bit all the channels including the rears come up and remain balanced with the overall system so in that respect Samsung gave managed to fix that issue for me and quite a few others on here.  I'm sorry if you felt I had dismissed any issues you may be having. I can only tell you what works and doesn't work for me. I do my best to try to help. I found the optical cable work around that got us by over the last few months. 

Lee. 

leelazer
Navigator
Options
Hi all

You can definitely send standard DTS over optical, I did it for many years. I believe that if you are connecting to the soundbar via WiFi from the TV then it probably doesn't mater if you select DD or PCM as that setting seems only to be if you are passing the sound through the TV via Hdmi or optical. You definitely cant pass multi channel LCPM/PCM via hdmi or optical. The signal from your source would first have to go through a dedicated reviever and then to the TV.

Lee
0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys, 

Can someone please write a short guide on how to set up the HWK650 two R1s and a KS8000 please over WiFi. I have had it all working, but whenever I try to switch it all on again the TV either does not offer the group as a WiFi selection ie not identified, I'm only offered TV, Bluetooth and Optical. All the speakers are in WiFi mode I should add it's just that my TV does not seem to find them. Then slowly but surely an R1 might appear, they seem to ungroup themselves. 

Last night I grouped them all on the multiroom app, I then went into TV settings, set up the group on advanced settings run the test... I could hear Front, surround left, surround right nice and loud and clear. I saved this configuration and then tried to select it, but my TV kept saying it could not connect as the icon whirled around! Even though it was all grouped and had been tested through the TV. All it said was that I should check that the device was switched on. Everything was switched on and grouped. 

PS When our if I ever get this system working correctly again, how do you switch it on? Do you just switch the TV on first, the soundbar or the source device ie Sky Box. 

I'm just trying to get a reliable system here guys, most people on here seem to be happy with the new software update. I seem to be no further forward with an unstable system 😞

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

Sounds like the Wi-Fi issue I had.

For 5ghz Wi-Fi you must use channel 36 to 48.

Or switch to 2.4 Wi-Fi network.

Let me know the results

:smiling-face:

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options
Hi GiMM

Thanks for your reply, I assume this is set up on the router and not via the TV?

Thanks for helping me out, I'm at my wits end, after months of putting up with all the problems like everyone else and to then have the system working after the update only to now experience stability and connection problems is depressing to say the least 😞
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

As per Glimm's post. My setup is on 5ghz. I had similar issues when I was using a netgear router and I had to use the Samsung 5ghz hub to get the system working reliably. I now have a Bt smart hub and it's very stable. In regard to switching the system on. My soundbat comes on as soon as I switch in my TV. I'm pretty sure you have to enable this function on the soundbar. I could be wrong though.

Lee

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Lee,

I'll give that a try 👍
0 Likes