Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 17-06-2017 02:58 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Uh oh....... Maybe I will flip a coin! 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I have UN65KU6300, I think KS8000 and UK equivalent KS7000 is about a week behind getting firmware upgrades.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I have a ue65ku6000

It's got the new update on the website but it probably won't update automatically and will require download to USB and manual update as before. 

I think I will sleep on it........... If it ain't broke I don't need to fix it :winking-face: 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I went ahead and downloaded and upgraded firmware. Wouldn't swear by it but I think audio is improved. Grey uniformity issues still present.

One thing that struck me as odd was when I pressed enter to upgrade it said I was upgrading from 1169 to 1180.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Always removes the decimal.
If you go into contact samsung in menu it will give you full version number
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Also on a side note just noticed something........ If you leave the app open in the background on the phone, when you hit volume buttons on phone it turns soundbar up and down even when phone is locked. 

It has a faster increase and decrease rate than the remote. 

Could come in handy......... Mine hasn't found the new update on auto yet. 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

scott, 

Sadly there's no way to fix uniformity issues on a LCD TV via software update. Lots a Samsung tvs (including high end ones) have massive panel uniformity issues, and and since Samsung has no such thing as quality control except for "if it powers up, its fine" they hit the market like that. 

You can try battling with them about replacement, but it probably won't work. 

High end medical monitors actually have their uniformity software corrected in a factory, but it requires taking the picture of the while screen and pixel by pixel adjustments. 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Wasn't my tv on 1179? Why would it say I was upgrading from 1169?

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Mines is on 1169 and think that was previously the latest
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Im still worried that updating the TV will screw it all up again. As my TV is working ok I think I will pass lol 

0 Likes