Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 15-06-2017 02:48 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
For me volumes match. Only difference is the volume only displays on soundbar when using soundbar control, and when using TV control it displays numbers/symbol on tv screen and volume + and - on the Soundbar.

For record when I set mine up I connected all speakers to wifi, then went into tv sound expert settings, wireless manager, Multiroom link settings and set it up from there.
Ran the sound test and saved. It then asked if I wanted to use the saved set up and then connects perfectly.

Didn't use the app
0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

Using HW-K650 and KS8000 with 2 x R1 speakers 

Updated the soundbar and then turned all off at wall socket for 10 mins just to reload all equipment and I can now say it works as I would expect it to via wifi or TV ARC 🙂

I have paired via the app and the TV and works a treat!

a BIG Thankyou to all the effort you have put in to this Robbie, in my eyes you are hero! I don't think this would have got fixed without your help

Ian

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Ian appreciated 

Glad your all sorted now as well. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

Just returned home from holidays.

First, Robbie great job! Well done!

Sadly for me nothing has changed. To remind you, I'm on a HW-J650 which is the one year older than the HW-K650. But it does have the same issues. The firmware version has not changed. On the website it is still on 3111.3 from end of march. I tried WiFi with the Fraunhofer files but the sound bleeding is still there. And that's where I stopped 😞

Anything I can do?

Robbie can you send an email to your high-profile contacts at Samsung about this? My setup and the firmware was part of the communication that was passed to them.

Frustrated 😞

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I would try doing an update via the multiroom app as I don't thunk the have updated the firmware on the website. 

0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

Tried it. Everything is up-to-date...

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Angelo,

Sorry to hear it's not resolved for you yet.

Have you tried downloading from site to USB and manually installing to latest update. Here is the link to the one for ours.......... It should work for yours

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-K650/XU/

It is latest version on there. 

If not I can still email samsung if needed

0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

I checked the website for my model. But it is the same version I have already installed on my soundbar.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

You mean I should try to install the K-firmware on my J-model soundbar? The speaker configuration is a bit different between these models.

I don't know if that is a good idea. Also I don't know if my soundbar accepts the file.

0 Likes