Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 08-06-2017 03:27 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Sounds about right for samsung..........

Constantly testing and coming up with good results........... Then everyone complains and they go testing the firmware that they supposedly proved works............... again, and again and so on.........

We are stuck on a big Samsung merry-go-round with no way off! 

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

-Update3-

I finally got a call from my Samsung Voice Of Customer contact, that I got to take over the case from the First Line support due to obvious reasons, (read my earlier 2 posts).

He has now looked in to this further but the responsible technician was not available.
But he made the following statements after looking in to their back end support systems.

• Samsung are aware of the issue with the K650/660 Soundbar and the R1 speakers.
  • The issue was introduced in a firmware update released in January 2017
  • They are working on a new firmware that will resolve the problem

He could not say anything more than the above, he will look in to this even further and report back to me as soon as he has anything to add.
He can of course not say when this new firmware will be released or if they are actually able to resolve it.

But it proves that I'm not crazy and Samsung acknowledge that there is a spoon.. I mean issue.. :smiling-face:

I will keep you guys updated.

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

@GliMM wrote:

-Update3-

I finally got a call from my Samsung Voice Of Customer contact, that I got to take over the case from the First Line support due to obvious reasons, (read my earlier 2 posts).

He has now looked in to this further but the responsible technician was not available.
But he made the following statements after looking in to their back end support systems.

• Samsung are aware of the issue with the K650/660 Soundbar and the R1 speakers.
  • The issue was introduced in a firmware update released in January 2017
  • They are working on a new firmware that will resolve the problem

He could not say anything more than the above, he will look in to this even further and report back to me as soon as he has anything to add.
He can of course not say when this new firmware will be released or if they are actually able to resolve it.

But it proves that I'm not crazy and Samsung acknowledge that there is a spoon.. I mean issue.. :smiling-face:

I will keep you guys updated.

Well done for pursuing Samsung over this.  If I am not mistaken their statement is the first acknowledgement by Samsung that they caused the issue with a firmware roll-out.  Is that correct?   If they understand the issue, there should be little difficulty in resolving it if it is simply a software fault as they had the wi-fi method working previously.    

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Email just received from Samsung:

Dear Mr Hickey, my apologies for any delay in response.

I am pleased to advise that testing has now been completed on the next software update for your Soundbar.

While we do not have a specific date for release, I can confirm that this will be an over-the-network update and will include a rebalancing the sound field when used in the Soundbar+Surround mode which has been provided after consideration of the feedback from yourself and other users.

With the above in mind, we would feel that a letter of deadlock would no longer be required as we are making steps to address this matter as requested and have now received confirmation that the update is forthcoming.

Should further details be received regarding the release I will of course be in touch.

mrcjames
Journeyman
Options

Great news, following a great job from yourself Robbie.

Cannot say how much I appreciate you heading this pursuit, and seeking resolution.

Hopefully this update will be the answer...

Couple of questions:

1. Do you know if this update is for the TV or the Soundbar unit(s)?

2. Do you know if this update has been approached with Wireless, Optical and HDMI connections in mind?

Don’t worry if not, I can wait for the release and see.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Hi no problems

The email does state its for the Soundbar but I am not sure if customer service guys at head office have any technical understanding.

I believe it's for WiFi but hope we have the same increase in volume levels available regardless of connection methods used

Thanks
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Nice one Robbie. Fingers crossed that this next update will be the one. If it is a may turn off all auto updating just in case. Lol 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Lol. And if it doesn't work this time round I will continue with the deadlock/Ombudsmen process and get us all a refund.

I have sent the below response to Samsung:
Dear Kirsty,

Many thanks for the update. I will put the deadlock letter on hold for a short period, but if I don't have any news of when this update is due for release soon I will have no choice but to proceed.

As discussed many times this has been going on for a very long time now, and I can't just continue to wait for an indefinite time for a firmware update that may fail to fix the faults, as has happened many times before now.

Once again thanks for your efforts.

Regards,

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

Sounds promising... I hope it delivers so that you can put this time consuming project to bed!

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I hope so too...... I will have to find something to do with all my spare time if it's resolved hehe

0 Likes