Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 28-05-2017 08:53 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options
I hooked an hdmi out from my bluray player directly to soundbar and created a surround setup using the bluray player multiroom link .
I have been testing some audio files I downloaded from internet and saved to usb stick.
hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_5_1_lossless plays perfectly wheras it does not when soundbar is playing from tv. Test my surround plays perfectly as well directly from bluray when it will not from tv.
One dtsx and one dolby true hd
Audio codec is not supported from bluray but will play from tv. I think tv can down sample where bluray can only output pcm when in multiroom link mode.
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Format of that dts 5.1 speaker assignment is m2ts audio codec is dts video codec h264 827.26mb

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options
Scott. I think we all appreciate that you have the time and patience to afford this fault on our systems. Far to technical for us mere mortals though I feel. Can you summarise what you ascertain from your tests. Is it a TV fault or sound bar fault? Is there anything substantial you could report to Samsung?
0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

I agree. I tire of all these long posts about settings and different audio files. I just want wifi 5.1 surround sound to work as advertised. Hoping that Samsung have a proper update in the pipeline soon.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Should audio/optical out disappear as a speaker selection? It is always available as a speaker selection regardless a cable is attached or detached.

Another glitch is the tv is set to tv speaker and soundbar to d.in yet I am getting audio from soundbar/surrounds.

I have to turn tv volume to 0 or I get sound from tv speakers as well as soundbar. Source is my cable box hdmi 2.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Yes completely agree. Big kudos to anyone who may be testing different settings to attempt to find a fix, but I believe it's been done to death now.

I also just want a final fix now with this new firmware they are testing, or samsung acknowledge there is a fault they can't fix, to open up an immediate claim for a full refund......... And move on.

I am still moving forwards with contacting the Ombudsmen when the 14 days have passed, as Samsung's responses and attempted fixes for faults that they deny are even present, are becoming repetitive and continue to undermine the intelligence of its customers, and samsungs own quality policies, that pledge they will exceed our expectations.

Having said that I wouldn't want to put off people attempting to find a glitch or something similar, as it may help if this round of communication doesn't resolve the issues.
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

My Samsung UBD-K8500 uhd bluray players multiroom link can connect wirelessly to my hw-k650 soundbar and 2 r1's and make a surround setup. I have to select tv speaker and turn volume to zero for tv volume. DTS-MA and dolby digital plus sound checks play flawlessly from usb stick plugged into bluray player.

My Samsung UN65KU6300's multiroom link can create a surround sound setup with my HW-K650 and two R1's but it does not play correctly. The soundbar is too loud and the R1 surround speakers are too silent. 

The same DTS-MA and Dolby Digital sound check files on usb inserted in tv do not play correctly. The DTS file plays the left surround with the left front channel and nothing from the LFE. Same thing when front right channel plays simultaneously with right surround.

If I could plug my cable box into bluray player would be all set but there are only 2 hdmi ports and one is audio only.

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

A small sad update from my side here.

I have been trying to get Samsung in Sweden to help me in this matter for a while now.

I've kept my spirits up and trust the procedures.

I have tested different routers, changed wifi channels, used Optical cables and updated all firmwares to please the first line support that explains that they get their advices from a magical department of top secret experts.
All with the goal to get the 'experts' to acknowledge that this is an issue.

I have for weeks been promised that since I have now tested everything I can, have my case escalated to this home of mystery experts and they will contact me with their results.

For weeks have I been pesting the first line support with a request on a update on my issue. I have gotten explanations that this expert was sick, on holliday, on lunch and so on. BUT he will contact me.

NOW things have changed..
On my last call to then with a weekly request for update, I got the final answer from the first line support.

My dedicated product expert has tested this and has concluded that there is no problem (!)

Everything works fine.
What he requests me to do now is to bring by system to a reseller and test everything with a different tv to see if the problem remains if I use another TV..

Im stunned...

I tried to get my first line support person to give me more information on all the obvious qiestions.
So he say it works.. What has he tested, what firmare versions are he running, has he tried turning it off, does it still work??! Can he give me ANY additional information??? 
The support person tells me that I can NOT talk to directlly to the expert, I'm not allowed to communicate with him at all.

And they will not do anything else on this matter until i have tested what he adviced me to do...

To gather my complete audio system, soundbar, R1s and subwoofer.
Enter a reseller of choice and convice them to let my hook up everything to a 2016-2017 model and see if the issue remains.
No details on what tv this might be, KS? JS? 2007 models?

I guess it has to be a Samsung tv to support Wireless mode?

No details on how he wants me to document this oh so important of tests, should i take photos, broadcast it as a Facebook live video? Do I need the sellers social security number?
Will this magical beeing see this automagically?
They will not answer any questions until i have completed this grand quest.
When I explained that a reseller might not be to helpful in this, even if I bring out my best Frodo Baggins imitation, then he adviced that I might have a friend with a tv I could test this on.

I asked him to put all this in writing and send this to me.
I also explained that he had a chance here, a big oppurtunity to be a hero of ages, he could together with this expert be the ones that resolves this, they have in their hands a potential promotion,

-since they have a working system- and I have oh so many people that have this problem, they have the chance to resolve this once and for all!!!
He was not interested... he wanted me to follow the experts advice... And hang up the phone..

To be continued...

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

-Update-

I finally recived an email from Samsung.

They explain that the experts setup was the following;

TV: UE55KS9005,

Soundbar: HW-K960

Rear: WAM5500 and a WAM750

With a router: DLink DIR-809.

Well... not a single product that I use...

Dont know if the test proves anything! 
I almost want to reply that I have now performed a test of my system with all LG products and I can not see the issue anymore! 

Yes. I'm 'sane' enough not to.

And to understand that the model of TV or 360 speakers might not be the most important parameters to use in the test for this issue.
Many of you here reports the same issue no matter what rear speaker or model of Samsung tv you use. But the Soundbar is the same model on every report...

I have sent yet another response in hope of bringing myself yet anoter step forward on this (I you ask my girlfiend. -insane- ) quest.

0 Likes