Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 10-05-2017 10:37 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
dfensom
First Poster
Options

Not working for me. Exactly the same

with the updated TV firmware.

Has there been any official word from Samsung about the situation recently? It's al gone very quiet....

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

Hi Robbienobs, 

Sorry I've not logged in for a while, and thanks for your response to my message. 

I've tried to update my software on the TV, but I've not been able to update it manually. It does say that I'm on the latest version (which as you know I'm not). I'm on 1168, I think you said the latest version for the KS8000 65 inch was 1169.2 although it would appear it makes little difference to the problem we have with the rear surround volume. 

Can you please tell me how to update it manually. 

Thanks again 👍

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Guys on holiday in sunny florida so priorities a bit different this week for me. 

I will send an email chasing foe an update. 

To manually update you go to your countries web page and download the file for your tv. 

....... Search tv model and then go into support. 

Run the file on your pc......... It will give you option to extract the files to a USB stick. Make sure you extra to a first level file. 

Plug it in the tv and go to update section as normal. It will eventually ask you if you want to update from USB. 

1169 made no difference to my sound bars performance. 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Can anyone else confirm its working? Askarel's (First Poster) post seems too good to be true..perhaps a spy spent by samsung!

0 Likes
kgg
Student
Options
Hi,
Unfortunately the problem with quiet rear speakers is still there.
My setup:
KS7000 60inch at firmware 1169
2x R3 rear speakers at firmware 3112.5
HW-K650 soundbar at firmware 3111.2
I have checked it this morning and in the WiFi surround mode even with the rear speakers at max and soundbar at minimum I can barely hear any sound from the R3 speakers. The same movie with optical cable setup and the rear speakers are loud and clear.
0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

I concur...There's no change.

Tbe problem is still there.

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

As stated earlier, the update did not change anything for me, the issue remains.

But for troubleshooting purposes and in dialog with Samsung its always recommended to be on the latest version.

many has reported that the TV does not identify the new 1169.2 firmware and to force an update you must download it and manually update from USB.

If you have issues updating from USB, format it as FAT32 before extracting the firmware files to your USB.

Askarel: Does it still work for you, even though you might have turned the system off and on again after your upgrade?

0 Likes
Askarel
First Poster
Options

Askarel: Does it still work for you, even though you may have reset the system after you upgrade?

Pfff. Today it does not work anymore. No sound comes out of the R3. Yesterday it worked well all evening but today, when I turned on the television, it came back as before. Too bad, I thought a solution was found. A surprising detail, yesterday when it worked, the volume did not show numbers, just a + or a -.

really disappointed :smileysad:
0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

I think it's a bit odd the rears plays at great volumes when you play music using the surround sound. I use Spotify connect from phones and tablets and in some songs you can easily tell that it uses the surround system, if you put it on. For example, some instruments from the rears and the voice from the center. This is, of course, played over wifi.

I'm not and expert in any way but from this I would say that the problem is the tv. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

That's an interesting point Askarel

All the sound quality issues started way way back, when they changed the way the volume displayed on the tv (and also fixed WiFi issues)........... It used to show + and - on the tv and volume numbers on the soundbar when it was out the box before updates. 

Asked samsung for an update but no response just yet

0 Likes