Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 09-05-2017 06:45 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

I have to trick my X1 cable box to output a clean surround signal with the tv hdmi audio and format settings PCM.

If I select PCM on the tvs hdmi audio settings the cable box wants to auto detect the tvs capabilities as 2.0. If I select bitstream the cable box auto detects dolby digital 5.1 but it doesnt sound very good.

If I select bitstream on tvs hdmi audio select auto detect dolby digital 5.1 on the cable box audio settings then switch the tvs source to my bluray player, change tvs hdmi and audio format to PCM, switch back to cable box as source, voila, getting a clean surround output from cable box.

Dang, what a mess...

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

When switching source to bluray player, bluray player was playing star trek beyond outputting true hd through PCM.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Ant993

I also would take them back as if I had the option right now I would do the same.

It would be handy though even if you return them if you could give me your tv, soundbar and rear speaker models and firmwares, as you have the r7's and not many so far has this set up, and this can further confirm it's also affected. 

I can then send this to samsung. Also if you do choose to join this this very long drawn out fight, that has no referee or final bell, no rules or fair fighting, plenty of below the belt shots from Samsung, with little principle or morals................... you can PM me an email address and I can issue this to samsung also. 

0 Likes
Ant993
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks all for your comments.

i think it's safe to say it's best I take them back, already spoken to John Lewis and they are happy to take them back. I have explained why and I will write a comment on the John Lewis website to. Maybe John Lewis will take note and put pressure on Samsung to do something to help its customers.  I had a further play around last night, the sound coming out of the r7 is so low that I have to put my ear right up next to it to hear it. As a Bluetooth speaker it's an excellent product though but it's not the reason I brought it, looks great to.

my setup is as follows

TV UE55KS7000 SW 1168

2x R7 WAM7500WWB SW 3112.5

HW-K650WWB SW 3111.2

Its a real shame, all the same manufacturer and they can't get it to work. I'm actually already thinking of getting rid of the sound bar now which I have owned for nearly a year. I want a full surround sound setup but it may better to use some that make this kind of setup there]or bread and butter.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Ant993

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Alright, my ks8000 just updated itself to 1169.2, sadly no change in rear speaker levels. 

I did some additional testing and looks like when they'll  finally fix it (or if?) the issue will rear channels bleeding into fronts will be gone, as each you turn on your TV, Soundconnect recreates the surround group and disbands it when you turn your TV off :smiling-face: 

The last issue (and honestly the one that bothers me the most, because it directly impacts the sound of the whole set), is no subwoofer support for center channel with Dolby 5.1 (or even 3.1 with Soundbar alone). 

I'm reading Danny Philips Trustedreviews article about K650 and it clearly says All channels get active crossover. Later in the review he states "And thanks to the dedicated centre, Alexander Armstrong’s voice is clear and prominent, easily maintaining its audibility over the hubbub of a busy living room. It’s also underpinned by a subtle layer of bass". 

There's no bass at all with the current firmware, active crossover doest work for the center channel. 

So I guess that during the time of the review, everything was working and the lower frequencies from the center channel were send to the Sub properly like with L/R channel. 

I'm quite sure this will never be fixed, because it would require another 1000 posts campaign, like our thread here for Samsung to even acknowledge that there's an issue with it. I can deal with optical cable and 2 remotes, I can deal with recreating the surround group every time but this... This really makes me want to sell the whole thing... 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Oh and a little article from wiki how bass should be managed in 5.1 setups. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_management

I'm now 100% sure that this is a bug and it's not intended. 

Robbie if you get another email from Samsung, could you please notify them about that in your reply? I really hope that the info they get from you goes straight to the team responsible for fixing our Soundbars firmware, and this might be the only chance at getting it fixed. 

0 Likes
Askarel
First Poster
Options

Hello friends,
Good news. It works at home. An update to the television solved the problem. New version 1169. I finally sound that comes out of the rear speakers, exactly as when buying in December 2016.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Didnt work for my system still using optical cable.

0 Likes