Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 18-04-2017 10:06 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

The issue is unrelated to the connection method (happens with optical, Arc, wifi). It just the sound from the center channel is not being reinforced in the lower frequencies by the sub. 

That's why setting 2.0 in the Netflix app fixes the issues. In stereo, voice is redirected to L/R channel, and both are getting reinforced by the sub.

The same thing happens when you set MOVIE mode on the soundbar. It bleeds the center channel a little to L/R and the voices sound a lot better. Sadly you can't set MOVIE mode with R's linked as surround. 

Also I don't think it can be fixed by a simple firmware update, it's probably hardware related. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all, 

Latest response from Samsung Head office below following inclusion of 30 odd email addresses from customers;

Dear Mr H****y,

I have now provided all communication to the senior management within our organisation for their review of these cases. I will respond on their behalf following their discussion.

Regards

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Hi all, 

Latest response from Samsung Head office below following inclusion of 30 odd email addresses from customers;

Dear Mr H****y,

I have now provided all communication to the senior management within our organisation for their review of these cases. I will respond on their behalf following their discussion.

Regards

Thanks for the update.  We live in hope!

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Really. If so, why not  then Samsung?Really. If so, why not then Samsung?

Bryantay
Explorer
Options

@Neilwales....    Yep, that's the claim that roped me in to this mess....  I think the marketing department must have forgotten to put quote marks around the word "true".

0 Likes
The_Shack
First Poster
Options

Well my Denon receiver and Tannoys are working well and blow the Sammy stuff out of the water. It all just WORKS.

I remember reading some time ago that samsung 'don't do sound'. This, unfortunately, is still true.

The picture on the telly is good, though!

Take my advice, buy something tried and tested, and stop flogging a dead horse. Life is too short to waste your time on this crap.

Egads 

Dave

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hey Dave

I already have separates. A really good system. Unfortunately it's all.packed away in a box as that sort of system no longer suits my requirements. I'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat. A sound bar and wireless rears solve the issue of having lots of wires trailing everywhere. One day when I have the space I will go back to that option. I think the main point is that although it's a compromise on overall sound quality we all just would like it to work as it's meant too 🙂  

Lee

0 Likes
The_Shack
First Poster
Options

Lee,

Yes, you're right, I went down the soundbar and remote speaker route because of the convience. But I've decided that it is worth putting up with the extra wires etc., just to have the peace if mind that when I turn everything on, everything works, every time.

Egads 

Dave

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hey Dave

If only my other half could see things as clearly. Lol. 😝 

Lee

0 Likes
TitiJester
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

I just found this thread tonight and I'm really happy to see that I'm not the only one with these f*****g surround issues. I have the 8500 and two M3.

If you say that setting 2.0 on Netflix solve the issue, is not really hardware related? Anyway, I really hope that Samsung is working on a solution...

If i buy an optical cable, it will be better or absolutely not?

Thierry, from Switzerland

0 Likes