Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 13-04-2017 09:01 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Woody12
First Poster
Options

I bought the KS7000 and the HW-K650 sound bar late last year from Richer Sounds. I decided to buy a couple of R1s about a week ago from them to create a true surround sound. The initial setup was easy, I downloaded the Samsung multi-room app on my iPad, followed the instructions in the R1 manual and with the Expert Settings-Wireless Speaker Manager-Multiroom Link Type functionality I had setup perfect wifi sound from the HW-K650 and both R1s. I noted that my iPad wifi connection in the top left screen showed 'Multiroom'. The very next day I turned the TV on and everything had dropped from the Multiroom wifi. I have tried resetting everything, repeating what i did initially and all components are definitely on the same wifi connection. The TV's Expert Settings-Wireless Speaker Manager-Multiroom Link Type is no longer available.

Grouping the speakers and listening to music via the multi-from app is fine but desperately want to get the TV and speakers working in wifi again.

Richer Sounds came out yesterday and they couldn't fix it.

I haven't read all the posts in this forum but I suspect there are many unhappy customers.

Apologies if I'm logging the same issue, but it's frustrating when I had the perfect setup a week ago.

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Another victim of Samsung! Private message your email address to Robbienobsif you want to be part of the list of unhappy customers he's sending to watchdog.  Samsung's stance is the issue has been resovled and we can all move on and live happily with our 5.1 surround sound which works perfectly!! Complete and utter joke.

0 Likes
DJDunk
First Poster
Options

Yet another one here. Bought the 55KS8000 and the K650 soundbar from Richer Sounds recently, then subsequently 2x R1 speakers. I have the same issues with WiFi sound (and also ARC as it happens) and have to use optical. This means using 2 remotes and putting up with the speaker grouping constantly resetting.

I also have issues with the apps, especially Amazon Video which we use a lot. Always crashing, giving error messages sometimes English, sometimes in German, sometimes in Japanese! I have to unplug the TV to get the app working again and have to re-sign in on pretty much a daily basis. Extremely frustruating for myself and my family.

I bought this TV specifically for the simplicity of the connect box, but it's been nothing but trouble. I've put a lot of work in to mount this TV and hide the cables - if I have to return it, it'll be very, very dissapointing. 

I've always had Samsung TV's and never encountered as many issues as I have with this one. What's gone wrong at Samsung??

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I have circa 20 email addresses at the moment. 

If you want to get involved please pm me your email address. 

Thanks to all

frustrated
Journeyman
Options

I can't understand Samsung's attitude, so we have at least 20 UK upset customers, there are likely to be many others that monitor this thread without contributing. I also seem to remember that the US Samsung forum had a very similar topic.

I wonder what John Lewis' attitude would be to this issue should I try to return due to poor performance? I don't want to go down this route as in principle the samsung 5.1 offering COULD be good.

0 Likes
PIRATE
Student
Options

Wanted to throw my hat in the ring as well

pm'd my email.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks to all again.

Addresses still coming in and now at 25.

I may put off sending out emails for another day to give more a chance to pm me. 

Thanks for the messages too guys; all read and appreciated. 

Keep them coming..... If you are reading these and haven't joined the forum or posted, please do so as the more we have the harder we will be to ignore. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Well guys first email sent to all

This has gone to Samsung head office in the UK

I will now send emails to both the UK and US CEO's and copy you in. 

If you haven't received this email sent just now please let me know as I may have missed you; it was a bit of a job collating all the email addresses and hopefully I haven't missed one. 

Please follow up my email and copy all in including original email chain of mine going back some months. 

Thanks again....... This is not over by a long way

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Looks like they have bigger issues than soundbar firmware in Korea hehe

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN150079 

If link doesn't work search "Samsung boss faces arrest as South Korea corruption scandal grows" 

0 Likes