Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 12-04-2017 08:01 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Hopefully I won't get dragged out head office in the same way when I turn up!
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

When I send out email to all I will include all my contact emails including UK head office and UK/US Samsung CEO email address's. 

The latter do not ignore my emails and always forward them to customer team at UK head office. 

0 Likes
pr0xyfl00d3r
Student
Options
Sent you mine Rob
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Guys, 

I am getting all the emails through but will respond in one hit tomorrow. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Same old, same old... Look at the number of Samsung Multiroom downloads on Google play. It didn't sell, we are using a nitche product, and they didn't get enough money from this to give a f**k. They will probably shut down the whole thing in the next few years. 

This is so sad, all the big corporations are like that, but Samsung is probably the worst. 

0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

This does not mean that we should just accept this!!

Regarding the mail from Samsung, why did the engineer try and reset everything if it was working to specification when he arrived,  hmmm

We all need to contact Customer services and ask for a visit from and engineer, as if start receving alot of complaints they will be forced in to doing somthing

Which I will be doing tomorrow and I suggest you all do the same

We also need to log this with watch dog!

Ian

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

How disappointing after having such a promising encounter with the engineer.  How shocking and frustrating that he concurred readily  that the FAULT exists only to have his testimony evaporate and to have been dismissed at the higher level.     

I'm not sure what is involved in establishing a class action but I wonder how many there are out there, as it were,  in the situation we find ourselves, who are not aware of the issue.  Perhaps there is only  a handful with the tainted configuration.

I almost returned my speakers within an hour of having set them up but thought I'd  give it a week in case I had missed something.  I went online and googled the issue and had no problem finding the US and UK Samsung communities discussing the problem.  If not for the optical workaround I would have returned them as the WiFI 5.1 is not fit for purpose, in my opinion.  How can Samsung ignore these posts and claim they have rectified the fault with their  firmware upgrades?!!!!   Disgraceful and very poor customer relations.

Thanks again Robbienobs for all your efforts. 

0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

This may sound like a ***** question

But has anyone tried using a difrent source via HDMI other than the tv?

So we definatley know the problem is the Sound Bar and the R1's

0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

PM sent to Robbie!

Can't believe Samsung's reaction. 😞

I Hope we can build up enough pressure. Otherwise nothing will change.

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

Yeah the product might be niche but the customer service is also a big issue.

I bought the soundbar between Christmas and New Year as part of a (£1598) TV+Blue-ray+soundbar bundle from Richer Sounds. Then another (off the top of my head without finding the receipt) £180 for the 2 R1's

I haven't been in touch with Richer Sounds about it as I thought that this forum making Samsung aware of the problem would get it sorted.

Will pm Rob my email now