Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 08-04-2017 09:05 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

You may not believe this it I don't use Facebook!

I know shock horror........ Is this man stuck in the dark ages you ask

Maybe he will be up for a selfy :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options
Good luck with the visit tomorrow. I'm sure our mission is in very good hands.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks Nick0
I will try to post as the visit progresses :winking-face:
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I'd bet it is our TV's firmware that is causing the problem. I'm on 1168.

When I output audio from my UBD-K8500 the rear speakers work fine in soundbar/surround mode.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Engineer arrived nice and early been here 20 mins. Has observed and agreed that rear volume is much lower than soundbar in hdmi/wifi mode than in optical d.in mode. 

He is currently resetting everything...... Nothing I haven't done but he said he can do a deeper reset than I can through service menu. He needs to start here and work through the issues once reset is completed. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
Positive start, is he a Samsung employee.
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Looking good so far. If only there was a engineers menu we could access to manually change the volumes. 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Thanks for updates

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Right, firstly no magic fix from the engineer but I didn't think personally there would be. 

He has "samsung" reset everything and started from scratch; as stated before this goes much deeper than a "user" factory reset. He has access to a massive amount of additional settings and test routines with a special samsung service remote he has, and agree it would be great to have this level of access to the settings. 

He has observed and agreed the following issues:

* sound levels are unbalanced, with rears much lower than the soundbar even with soundbar to -6 and rears to +6. He utilised my test file and also his own test sequence to confirm this. 

Tested across wifi, hdmi and optical connections confirming same results as we have from our tests and the low rear volume when on hdmi/wifi. 

* powering off issues when TV switched off

* audio sync issues when on optical d.in; it just so happened that after he reset and reconfigured, the audio sync issue was apparent and corrected with a power cycle and no adjustment to delay in settings. 

I have discussed the issues reported such as bleeding between front/rears, loss of settings when going through a power cycle etc, but I was unable to reproduce this at the time of his visit. 

Also stated we have varying TV models, and also the J Series soundbar is effected in the same way. 

Sorry I didn't give more live feedback but I was slightly consumed by watching his every move. I am not sure if he is a direct samsung employee........ He is dressed as one and has an intimate knowledge of the soundbar, R1 set up and was extremely proficient and did alot more than simply check the leads and basic settings. 

Interestingly he stated that this is the first time he has seen this issue first hand, but I have heard this before and may be a policy not to discuss. 

He has taken a raft of information regarding firmware versions, model numbers (alot of this from hidden menus), and will now confirm his findings back at the office and discuss with the main AV Team on Monday, and update me early next week (AV team not back in work until Monday). I habe reference number for the visit but I don't think I can share this on here due to Moderators. 

I will also now confirm this to head office via email and hope that this will now be the push that's needed to resolve what's hopefully the last of a plague of firmware issues. 

If I have missed anything pertinent please give me a shout as I may have discussed this but not included in the above. 

podavies
Pioneer
Options
Sounds like a really positive visit, I had the vision of him turning up and miraculously the issues disappeared. 😀
0 Likes