Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Highlighted
Explorer

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
Highlighted

Any feedback from engineer visit over the weekend? 

Highlighted

Hi JCFARROW, 

I have not had a chance to confirm a date to samsung yet for the engineers visit and want to fully test latest on HDMI/ARC as others have advised prior to a visit. 

Unfortunately I have been busy with the "real" life I have l, but hope to be able to test my set up this week, and compare (prepare) the differences between hdmi, wifi and optical connections. 

I can confirm my tv doesn't give me the option to programme the control to use on soundbar, but I did purchase a handy programmable control from Argos which does the same...........More money spent trying to resolve these issues. 

I will stick to my word and engineers visit will be arranged asap

Highlighted

No worries, I only asked as I had a reply from Samsung last week saying a home test was being conducted over the weekend (which I assumed was you) :

'I am of course disappointed to learn of your experience, and as you understand our department has been in communication with another member of the Samsung community with regard to this case. At this time, our position would be that the most recent update has yielded positive results in our AV department lab tests, and that the grouping of products within their tests are working to specification. We are awaiting the results of home tests over this weekend from our customer within the community, and following this we hope to be in a position to advise further.

I will return to you following the weekend to discuss any further support we can provide.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards'

Highlighted

Aah makes sense now. It's no problem. 

I advised samsung I would be testing the hdmi set up after others comments over the weekend in response to their offer of an engineer attending........ So they are referring to my own testing of my equipment at home I believe. 

I put it to them as suggested that I want to test this new information prior to a visit; I want to make the most of the engineer visiting and be well prepared. 

Unfortunately due to my little one being very sick over the weekend I have had little time to do anything else. 

Looks like they are hoping I will test and report back everything this is good and no engineer visit required! 

Highlighted

I know that for a lot of people, using a HDMI or optical cable is an 'acceptable' work around.

However, if you have the correct Samsung TV model, you should be able to utilise Wi-Fi for 5.1 surround sound (as Samsung advertise).

I have the KS8000 TV.

Rob - I hope that you'll be demonstrating that grouping the speakers into 5.1 surround mode and getting it work over Wi-Fi, simply doesn't work.

If you can’t accommodate for whatever reason, send them over to me! I'd be happy to show them :smiling-face:

Thanks, David

Highlighted

I tried the HDMI ARC method without success. Optical worked.

One thing I was wondering is what volume was used on the app when grouping the speakers and what volume were the r1 speakers set to using the control on the speakers before grouping? Or doesnt it matter?

Whenever I group then un group the speakers the volume of the r1s is always very low.

Highlighted

Hi David, 

Yes the plan is to go over all the set ups with the engineer and ensure the time is well spent. 

My TV is capable of full wifi/multichannel surround (just not programmable control), so will go over this set up, hdmi and optical and show the differences. 

Also with loosing speaker grouping when playing music and then going back to 5.1

I have a list :smiling-face: 

Highlighted

I cannot get the optical work around to function properly if I have both HDMI(ARC) and OPTICAL attached at the same time.  Works really well when I unplug the HDMI(ARC).  Can any one else confirm this?

Highlighted

I can confirm that mine still works better with the optical

TV-ARC works but not as loud

I had to buy an optical cable to to test this as I only had HDMI cable before

Ian

Highlighted

@Nick0 wrote:

I cannot get the optical work around to function properly if I have both HDMI(ARC) and OPTICAL attached at the same time.  Works really well when I unplug the HDMI(ARC).  Can any one else confirm this?

That is correct. D In. is either Optical or HDMI (ARC). HDMI (ARC) overrides optical so you can either remove the HDMI cable to use optical, or hold down the right arrow button on the soundbar remote to turn off HDMI anynet on the soundbar.

Top Liked Authors