Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 25-03-2017 07:01 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Kilo
Student
Options

Hm. I have had my optical cabel up working now for a week or so, and I'm not blown away by the sound level of the rears. I dont really know if it's true surround or just the same sound from every speaker and I think it's works different depending if I'm watching ordinary TV or sports and films from HBO and such streaming apps. Not just the feeling of surround but also the sound level of the front vs. the rears. Maybe I got a mental disorder from all of this *****... Just so tired of it all.

I think I have read every single post in this thred, but there are fewthings I dont really get.

In my Multiroom app it says: "Soundbar K650(5CH)". What does this about 5CH mean? Others have written about 2 or 3CH?

Second, are there any pros on the HDMI 2.0 over the optical cabel, other than the universal remote option?

Read about a test for the surround, but didnt find the link?

I have a 55KS7005, HWK650 and two R-lite.

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

abob36 wrote:

"Again, I will pick up a newer HDMI cable and see if that does anything different for me."

I´m confindent that this will solve all your problems :smiling-face: I had no belief in it myself but it fixed all mine. 

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

@Kilo wrote:

Second, are there any pros on the HDMI 2.0 over the optical cabel, other than the universal remote option?

"Both can pass multi-channel audio, like Dolby Digital

The biggest difference is that HDMI can pass higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. These formats can't get transmitted across optical"

abob36
Pioneer
Options

@Tovle wrote:

@abob36 wrote:

"Again, I will pick up a newer HDMI cable and see if that does anything different for me."

I´m confindent that this will solve all your problems :smiling-face: I had no belief in it myself but it fixed all mine. 

Unfortunately, I came home with a shiny brand new HDMI 2.0 cable. Same sound as before. Rears are still too quiet compared to the soundbar and it sounds the same as if I were using Wi-Fi Multi Channel. What TV model do you have again? It very well could be because I am on a KS8000 and have different firmware. Optical is still my best solution.

And to address Tovle, HDMI can support any audio format, beyond lossy that optical can, but with HDMI ARC, both optical and HDMI support the same formats - DD and DTS none of the HD versions.

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

@abob36 wrote:

@Tovle wrote:

@abob36 wrote:

Unfortunately, I came home with a shiny brand new HDMI 2.0 cable. Same sound as before. Rears are still too quiet compared to the soundbar and it sounds the same as if I were using Wi-Fi Multi Channel. What TV model do you have again? It very well could be because I am on a KS8000 and have different firmware. Optical is still my best solution.

Really strange, I had the EXCACT same problems as you. Could you please try following.

1. Put D.IN as input source on sound bar

2. Choose K650 HDMI on TV

3. Ungroup existing setup in Multiroom app.

4. Make sure all 3 devices are visable in Multiroom app and it says D.IN below the soundbar

5. In multiroom app under all speakers, click on the three dots on the right off the AV Samsung soundbar, then click Surround Setup.

6. Drag the left speaker down to "Surround L" and the Right to "Surround R" and click next

7. Put all three devices on same volume level and click done.

8. You will still have the same crappy rear sound at this moment, but here´s the bug I found. When the configuration is established it will say "Surround" and they will show as grouped. NOW, click on the three dots again, click input source, choose HDMI and then back to D.IN. When it´s done the volume will drop down to almost zero, so you have to use TV-remote and increase the volume again and you will have true 5.1 - with one control.

Please try this and give me a feedback. I´m pretty sure this will do it. The bolded part is the most imporant thing in the setup.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENT            

FOR Sale                                  

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers

One careful owner, great condition........ Works perfectly (honest). 

Bargain at £2.99 or near offer

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

I did exactly as you described clearly, but same results. Rears are always too quiet. Did same thing on wifi as well with identical results.

Lol at rob

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Any feedback from engineer visit over the weekend? 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi JCFARROW, 

I have not had a chance to confirm a date to samsung yet for the engineers visit and want to fully test latest on HDMI/ARC as others have advised prior to a visit. 

Unfortunately I have been busy with the "real" life I have l, but hope to be able to test my set up this week, and compare (prepare) the differences between hdmi, wifi and optical connections. 

I can confirm my tv doesn't give me the option to programme the control to use on soundbar, but I did purchase a handy programmable control from Argos which does the same...........More money spent trying to resolve these issues. 

I will stick to my word and engineers visit will be arranged asap

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

No worries, I only asked as I had a reply from Samsung last week saying a home test was being conducted over the weekend (which I assumed was you) :

'I am of course disappointed to learn of your experience, and as you understand our department has been in communication with another member of the Samsung community with regard to this case. At this time, our position would be that the most recent update has yielded positive results in our AV department lab tests, and that the grouping of products within their tests are working to specification. We are awaiting the results of home tests over this weekend from our customer within the community, and following this we hope to be in a position to advise further.

I will return to you following the weekend to discuss any further support we can provide.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards'

0 Likes