Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-03-2017 08:24 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
abob36
Pioneer
Options

@podavies wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeEPkcwOHI

please don't play the video after this one so embarrassing

So ummm Youtube auto played annnnnd yea...

LOL but on a more serious note. Does the rear channel play in the fronts at all on PCM? If not, this is good news.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Im not sure it will make any difference if playing from a file on the TV as it's not passing through from an outside source. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
I said use a usb stick as my PC video card only outputs in stereo. So I play the mkv file off the usb. If I had Xbox or blue ray player I would use that, but still Amazon and Netflix off the tv sound great in 5.1 but I don't have an external source connected other than my PC.
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

That test file we all have is a good indicator though of things working. I know that with my Wii U since it only does PCM (and audio is set to stereo), it is not outputting 5.1, the soundbar or TV is creating the rear channels from the fronts however and I hear lots in the rear speakers. This could be what is happening on Netflix or Amazon, but hard to test without those services providing a easy to use audio test stream.

podavies, you said you are using optical only as you could not figure out the HDMI ARC?

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

I do have a hdmi cable in port 4 and going to the sound bar. So I guess I have arc enabled.

but the clincher for me is the bass bin, as soon as I hear the single .1 channel I know it's working in surround. 3.1 or 5.1 but as soon as you get that low hum, you know it's splitting the sound.

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

Abob,

I've tried the optical solution (thought maybe it was other workarrounds), but my wife hated the fact that she had to use two controls, I share her opinion. 

Let me know when you've purchased a HDMI. I'm quite excited whether it's working or not. I too have a US KS8000 (KS7005 in Europe?)

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

@podavies wrote:

I do have a hdmi cable in port 4 and going to the sound bar. So I guess I have arc enabled.

but the clincher for me is the bass bin, as soon as I hear the single .1 channel I know it's working in surround. 3.1 or 5.1 but as soon as you get that low hum, you know it's splitting the sound.

Not sure exactly what you mean. I know before when the L and R channels played, you would still hear the low end in the sub woofer as well. Is that what you mean?

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

No I mean when you play the 5.1 surround sound test file would not play the sub channel. So when it does and you only hear sound coming out of the sub, you know it's splitting the channels correctly. 

On another note I have one of the Virgin 4K boxes connected to my TV not sure why I forget that. Set the sound to DD put on Mad Max and the surround is coming through s

perfect no drop outs just really nice surround.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I just tried setting hdmi to PCM again. I then played the test file from various inputs. The rear channels definitely play through the front channels when set up like that. 

0 Likes