Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 21-03-2017 05:24 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

oh great...can anyone in this 50+ page thread state that their system is 'working to specification' ?!?!?!!!??!?!? 

0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Just received the below from Samsung Head office regarding the last failed update;

"After further discussion and testing by our AV department, I can advise that the update has been witnessed as making a suitable difference to the overall volume levels, when grouped in Soundbar or Surround mode.

This has been deemed as working to specification and no further adjustments to the setup will be necessary. Please ensure that the arrangement is in Soundbar or Surround mode and I trust that this will make a change to the levels noted previously"

Unbelievable........ 

I don't believe it! Samsung, this doesn't work. What will it take for you to take this problem seriously?

If anyone wants to come over to my house and show me where I am going wrong, then please feel free. I work in IT support and have been for 20 years. I am sure that if it was working as specified, I'd have figured it out by now.

Obvisouly all these other people on here are just as ***** as me?

IT DOESN'T WORK...

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

Ok. If they have got it working they must have a test procedure.

Can samsung let us know all of the sound settings on the tv.

The physical connections between the tv and sound bar.

The method used to group the speakers, including the volume levels used.

Basically we all need the test setup to evaluate!

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Agreed and good point....... I will send this back to them now.

I have already responded and tried to be polite but it's getting very difficult to bite my lip
0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Honestly guys, I'm not sure really there will be a good outcome here. Even if there is, firmware will be highly likely to diverge again, and you'll have less energy and motivation to come back here. 

I'm not sure how firmware causing issues which the company contests, impacts your ability to return under warranty (as opposed to hardware faults) but perhaps someone here can advise.

I know you want full wireless, but if you have to go with an optical rear wireless solution with more than one remote (which might be worse next firmware update), there are better options for about the same cost. 

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

Also please request the firmware versions in all of the test hardware, just in case there is a difference.

I still think that it is odd that on the tv surround test when using 2 x r1 and a hwk650 sound bar in sound bar and surround mode the rears work as expected i.e front, surround left,surround right spoken. It is when playing any 5.1 video source the volume is VERY low. I can only hear it with my ear touching the r1.

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options
I must admit i am wondering the same thing, can the soundbar and 2x R1 speakers be returned under uk consumer law? I guess that as I used a credit card to purchase I could go through them also?
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

In a surround system test all speaks should output at the same volume. You can use a decibel metre to test this. You adjust all speakers to the same level. Job done. However, this is not currently possible at the moment over WiFi on this system.as the rear speakers can't be adjusted high enough to keep up with the sound bar. The very fact that they are loud enough when using the optical work around tells us that it's still not right over WiFi. I have been using surround systems fir over 20 years now. I know from experience that this still.isnt fixed. I wonder if one of the moderators would like to comment on the latest outcome??? 

Lee 

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

It may be of interest to note that the HW-J8500R/XU soundbar, advertised with the facility to utilise Radiant speakers as rear speakers has the requirement that "A cable connection is required from Soundbar to TV to receive 5.1 surround sound."   So my idea of changing my HW-K650 soundbar for another is a moot point.  

Is this perhaps why the commitment to get the WiFi option to work now seems to be dead in the water as far as Samsung are concerned.  I am going to try and find the e-manual for the HW-J8500R/XU to see if the implementation of 5.1 with Radiants is similar to the "optical workaround".  

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

I believe the reference to needing a cable is for non Samsung TV's as they do work with other set but without a WiFi option. The blurb fir the K650 also says about a cable. 

Lee 

0 Likes