Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Highlighted
Explorer

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
Highlighted
AntS

Can we have some further comment please.

As confirmed this is old hat information and we have confirmed some time ago this does nothing to resolve the issues; this is what our current conversation is based on........... The failure of the firmware update you are still telling us resolves the issues.

Same issues........... Volume is set to plus 6 for both rears and minus 6 for soundbar, but still can't hear rears over soundbar.

Totally understand how everything is working and the global volume workings, but the firmware update has not worked.
Highlighted
I really cannot believe you have posted this........ I am completely at the end of my tether now!!

We don't hear from Moderators for weeks then you perk up with self preservation essays, clarifications on your remit, and sarcastic comments aimed at Samsung customers........... And then the cherry on the cake is you haven't read any of the last posts correctly, or you would know we have installed this UPDATE, and TESTED, and reported its FAILED,....... Again.

CAN I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO PAGE 43 AND HAVE READ!
Highlighted

Just received the below from Samsung Head office regarding the last failed update;

"After further discussion and testing by our AV department, I can advise that the update has been witnessed as making a suitable difference to the overall volume levels, when grouped in Soundbar or Surround mode.

This has been deemed as working to specification and no further adjustments to the setup will be necessary. Please ensure that the arrangement is in Soundbar or Surround mode and I trust that this will make a change to the levels noted previously"

Unbelievable........ 

Highlighted

oh great...can anyone in this 50+ page thread state that their system is 'working to specification' ?!?!?!!!??!?!? 

Highlighted

@Robbienobs wrote:

Just received the below from Samsung Head office regarding the last failed update;

"After further discussion and testing by our AV department, I can advise that the update has been witnessed as making a suitable difference to the overall volume levels, when grouped in Soundbar or Surround mode.

This has been deemed as working to specification and no further adjustments to the setup will be necessary. Please ensure that the arrangement is in Soundbar or Surround mode and I trust that this will make a change to the levels noted previously"

Unbelievable........ 

I don't believe it! Samsung, this doesn't work. What will it take for you to take this problem seriously?

If anyone wants to come over to my house and show me where I am going wrong, then please feel free. I work in IT support and have been for 20 years. I am sure that if it was working as specified, I'd have figured it out by now.

Obvisouly all these other people on here are just as ***** as me?

IT DOESN'T WORK...

Highlighted

Ok. If they have got it working they must have a test procedure.

Can samsung let us know all of the sound settings on the tv.

The physical connections between the tv and sound bar.

The method used to group the speakers, including the volume levels used.

Basically we all need the test setup to evaluate!

Highlighted
Agreed and good point....... I will send this back to them now.

I have already responded and tried to be polite but it's getting very difficult to bite my lip
Highlighted

Honestly guys, I'm not sure really there will be a good outcome here. Even if there is, firmware will be highly likely to diverge again, and you'll have less energy and motivation to come back here. 

I'm not sure how firmware causing issues which the company contests, impacts your ability to return under warranty (as opposed to hardware faults) but perhaps someone here can advise.

I know you want full wireless, but if you have to go with an optical rear wireless solution with more than one remote (which might be worse next firmware update), there are better options for about the same cost. 

Highlighted

Also please request the firmware versions in all of the test hardware, just in case there is a difference.

I still think that it is odd that on the tv surround test when using 2 x r1 and a hwk650 sound bar in sound bar and surround mode the rears work as expected i.e front, surround left,surround right spoken. It is when playing any 5.1 video source the volume is VERY low. I can only hear it with my ear touching the r1.

Highlighted
I must admit i am wondering the same thing, can the soundbar and 2x R1 speakers be returned under uk consumer law? I guess that as I used a credit card to purchase I could go through them also?
Top Liked Authors