Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 19-03-2017 02:15 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Nick0, 

The issue is specific to the 5.1 surround mode with wifi connection only. I am not aware of any other soundbar experiencing these issues but to tell the truth I haven't had time to look beyond this thread. 

Optical work around is with optical lead connected, optical selected on tv and then put in surround sound through app with source on sound bar as D.in.

Sound volume is lower than when just using soundbar but it's usable as 5.1 surround for  now. Another downside with this option is you can't use TV control to turn sound bar up and down, you have to use the soundbar control as well. 

Originally this work around was to overcome muffled over bassy sound, but after another failed firmware fix its turned into no volume on rear speakers in surround mode. 

If you look at some of the earlier posts it's a bit more detailed. 

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Stanny, 

Funny you say that as my first issue mid last year with this system was the wifi connectivity. Kept loosing connection and I had to keep resetting everything. Spent hours upon hours on phone to samsung with them blaming everything from the walls to the router and even had me spend additional money on a hub that wasn't needed. Most of the rime it turned out I knew more than them, and was once told I shouldn't be using them for surround sound, as this is not what there for. After denying there was a problem they suddenly fixed the wifi issues with an update or three, and then suddenly admitted it was in fact their firmware causing the issues and had to wait for a certain number of complaints before they would escalate the issue. 

Shame really because for a short while after the connectivity issues where resolved this was a stunning bit of kit, then they updated the firmware (strangely enough because people where complain about rear speaker volume.......... Mine was fine at the time) to just totally screw this kit up. 

Following this for months and months there has been more issues with sound quality and now volume levels for the R1's................. For me at the moment the worst part of it all, is the fragmented communication from Samsung, and their apparent inability to fully test a firmware updates prior to rolling out......... It's not as if they rush this process either......... They wait for months then send out doomed updates. 

This has been going on for months........ They promise a fix, go quiet for two months, roll out an update without informing anyone, to only find its yet again not been tested under "real world" conditions, and fails again. 

If I had a crystal ball I would never have bought these in the first place......... And that's putting it politely 

But again customer service is the real absolute disappointment for me........... I live in hope that one day this will be resolved, but I think my headstone will read "still waiting"! 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

P. S. 

I wont be leaving the soundbar or R1's to any of my kids in my Will............... It's haunted me enough and wouldn't wish this on them. 

Not expecting to pass away in the next 40 years or so though....... .......... But also not expecting a firmware fix in the same period either :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

Thanks Robbienobs for that information.  I'll try the optical  cable method tomorrow but I am probably going to return the R1's as it seems from what others have stated, that a proper solution is not very likely.  I have emailed Samsung to complain and await a reply.  I doubt anything will come of it but at least it's another  line on their ledger of complaints. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Robbie nobs. 

Let's hope we all receive the solution to our issue shortly. Great work by all who posted. Pity it took that in order to gain a reaction from the Moderators and Community Manager. I often wonder if they actually owned the same equipment as we are all experiencing issues with would they not vent the same frustration? Just asking.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

'Sup peeps. No news, but as I'm on duty thought I'd drop in and let you know I'm around.

@Neilwales wrote:

Robbie nobs. 

Let's hope we all receive the solution to our issue shortly. Great work by all who posted. Pity it took that in order to gain a reaction from the Moderators and Community Manager. I often wonder if they actually owned the same equipment as we are all experiencing issues with would they not vent the same frustration? Just asking.

Well, we're human too, Neil. :smileywink::smileyvery-happy: Reckon most of us get frustrated when stuff doesn't work the way we'd want or expect it to. *fondles stress ball*

And nice work on that summary @Robbienobs. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Great. Now the moderators are resorting to patronizing us.  Well done Samsung. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Bryantay

You read my mind............ Shows how seriously they are taking all this!

Sums it all up really

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Bryantay wrote:

Great. Now the moderators are resorting to patronizing us.  Well done Samsung. 

?

Unsure where you got that from @Bryantay. Just being friendly. :smileyhappy:

Genuinely pleased about @Robbienobs's summary of a 40+ page thread and where we're currently at too - and wanted to post to say as much. 

0 Likes