Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 17-03-2017 11:53 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
frustrated
Journeyman
Options
I have a 55KS7000 tv, HWK650 soundbar and 2 x R1 speakers (WAM1500/XU). Had I known about all of the issues I would have stuck to a replacement Sony system as this is the brand I had for the past 8 years without a single issue!
0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Sent. Awaiting a response.

0 Likes
LeeS
Pioneer
Options

HI there,

Sorry to read there is still and problem around this set-up. I had obviously hoped that the previous attempts to correct the issues you guys originally reported would have proved more effective.

As this doesn't appear to be the case, I completely get your frustration and understand your desire to now escalate it further.

As I have mentioned before, the community was, in part, meant to collect your feedback and help to drive improvements to our products and services. While it was always going to require a little trial and error in the first few months, the expected teething problems should not have had an impact on the service you have received, nor led to the community having to become a repository of your collective (yet understandable) frustrations while we work out our processes.

Of the many things we imagined the community might be used for, a means to 'co-ordinate a strike' would not have bee one of them.

Obviously you are all free to escalate the issue across whatever contact channels you wish, Samsung or otherwise. However, I would ask that we all refrain from sharing individuals e-mail addresses. If they work in a different area, unrelated  function or are out of the office for any time there could be a delay getting a response. It is for this reason the teams work from shared inboxes, which are all accessible from our Contact Us page.

If needed the moderation team will look to remove email addresses from the posts, however my hope is that will not be neccesary.

I also suggest, if it isn't too much of an ask, that you all continue to provide the detail on the technical issues you face as this thread can still be a useful hub for the product teams to refer to.

I will again escalate this matter to our product teams in Korea and make it very clear that we still need to engage with you all and provide a suitable response in a timely manner.

Again, I am sorry this thread still needs to be open.

Lee.

podavies
Pioneer
Options

Thanks Lee.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

LeeS, 

Thanks for the response albeit after a very long spell of absolutely no contact from Samsung Moderators. 

I appreciate you wish us all to direct our frustrations through the correct channels but unfortunately after some months now of attempting to have this corrected there has been nothing but useless updates to firmwares, and no continuity in contact from Samsung via this forum or any other means of contact. 

Again selected posted comments have been removed which is bias censorship in my view and does nothing but frustrate the issues further. 

The email address's shared on here are not personal but to group inboxes for the UK Samsung Customer Services (the real one not the "contracted out" team we have do deal with when going through your "Contact us"proceedures) . All the information I have obtained including names and emails are freely available on line if searched for, and your own UK CEO encourages direct contact in instances exactly like this, so I find the censorship hard to swallow. 

This is in no way a personal attack on yourself but these Moderator comments are very quick to appear when your senior team at head office are to be involved, but no comments appear from Moderators when numerous  people on here have specifically asked for comment from said Moderators!!

I have even been banned from this forum previously for trying to push this along and if it wasn't for other customers protests on here I am sure this would still be the case. 

It appears my patience has finally run out after these months and I will be making a stand at your UK Head Office in Chertsey. 

JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Robbienobs sounds like you will be our knight in shining armour!

In all seriousness you summed up everything nicely and I give you my full support. 

Samsung cannot get away with this it's a complete joke.

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks JCFARROW, 

If anyone requires the email address's removed by Samsung please PM by all means. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Email reply from Samsung Head Office UK below:

Dear Mr ******, I have requested confirmation of this from our AV department and will return to you shortly. I am also in receipt of your recent email to the office of the CEO of Samsung USA, and once again must advise that we are simply an administrative office with no facility to test products, and cannot accommodate customer visits.

Please be assured that I wish to resolve this as swiftly as you, and that our AV department are fully aware of your case and requests for resolution. I will come back to you the moment further information is received"

0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have had the K650 sound bar and R1 speakers since Christmas. I have followed this thread with interest and even e-mailed Head Office to make a complaint about the Wi-Fi 5.1 not working.  Their response - "We'll let our technical team know".  Nearly 4 months later and still nothing!  Samsung of course are still selling the sound bar stating that it works as a 5.1 Wi-Fi surround system.  Its total miss selling. The system as it stands DOES NOT WORK.

The moderators on here never reply to any questions. When eventually they feel obliged to do so, (due to the sheer numbers of people complaining), all they say is "This was just a trial forum. We'll try to do better in the future".

Then everything goes quiet for another month or so!...

I don’t think Samsung realise how p’off everyone is. I think it’s appalling customer service.

I for one will be contacting BBC Watchdog and detailing all the problems we’ve been having.

David

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Just received a further email from same:

"Dear Mr *****, upon a call with the Samsung AV test lab they have advised that this update to the speakers has solved the rear volume issue when tested. Following your confirmation that this has not addressed the issue, they are conducting further testing which I hope will yield positive results shortly.

I will of course continue to update as further information is received"

0 Likes