Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 16-03-2017 08:10 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

There is a software update for the rears. I'm updating now. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

What version did the upgrade too.  Ver 12. Still having the low sound over wifi with this version 

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

*****. Got all excited jumping up and down. Updated software. No difference.....!! What has this achieved.  For reference HWK650 as follows :- HW-K650WWB-3109.1/0335.OR and two R7,s WAM7500WWB 3112.5/134R.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Mine are showing as 3112.5 as well and there is no difference at all as far as I can tell. Volume sounds good on the test but then still nothing from the rears when playing a surround file. I'm gutted.
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Screenshot_20170316-183908.png

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Grrr. Keep posting. Maybe a Samsung Moderator (very unlikely) may pick this up and give us an answer???

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Im sure the new update was meant to allow you to adjust the volume of the rears without increasing the overall volume of the soundbar and sub. It seems that's not the case and I really can't find anything different after the update. So frustrating. Arghhhhhhh 

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

I feel your pain. Mine too. Rear speaker volume adjusts soundbar too.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Same here no difference........... WAM update was definatly meant to fix volume issues but starting to get used to disappointing updates now! 

I will either sell this kit and get my life back or visit head office and ask them if they want it back. 

For what it's worth I have sent the below to Samsung just now and will post any responses. I am unable to post the email address on here as it just gets removed by Moderators; if anyone wants the email for UK head office customer services please PM me. 

"Dear Kirsty, 

I and others have just received an update to the WAM speakers but it hasn't made any difference to the volume issues (from 3111 to  3112.5).

Can you please advise on what this update actually resolved and when the fix for the rear volume adjustment will be issued?

Frustrations are growing on the forum after the update was issued with no apparent changes.

Regards"
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Also not sure if you guys have noticed but the Moderators have gone very quiet on this one for some time now........... They are still out there somewhere just deciding not to comment or update on our issues. 

Very quick to comment on simple issues posted  by others. 

I will be going on the BBC's Watchdog web site about firmware and customer service issues and hope others do the same; if they get enough similar complaints they will run it on tv and Samsung will find it hard to ignore it then. 

I have tried this and succeeded when a famous PC retailer did something similar. 

0 Likes