Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 13-03-2017 07:27 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Hi all. Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring with reference to the problem of low volume from the rear speakers. I too I have just spent £3000.00 on this system (KS8000, HWK650 and two R7's) along with blue ray player. I too have spent an age getting this kit to work but to no avail. Can you reassure me that a software update is inevitable (so I can save my marriage!!) to enable the volume of the rear speakers to produce the sort of sound expected from a surround sytem?

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

I solved my problem by linking the optical cable to my tv and choose it for the audio source. Then just connect the surround system in the multiroom app. It wont work less all of your speakers are connected to a good and solid wifi-network, couse the system still uses the wifi to connect the speakers with each other. 

After one month of problems and the Swedish support line blaiming my router and the walls of my house... Well, now I'm just happy it works.

Thanks for the idea with the optical cable. The support never though of this. 

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options
Great. Thanks for that I will try it tomorrow. Question. Do you now get good sound from your rear speakers applying this method?
0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

I'm not a sound expert and really don't know what to expect, but yes I think so. I balanced it a bit by taking down the volume a bit for the soundbar, and I raised it a bit for the other speakers. 

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

So here is my update. Upon purchasing a high quality optical cable and connecting soundbar to Tv removing the HDMI cable (recreating the "bodge") in essence it would appear that there is no difference in the sound quality to the R7's as opposed to the HDMI from soundbar to TV and setting up the surround via the multiroom app. So it doesn't work. I have resigned myself to the fact that i must indeed wait patiently while Samsung stop sitting on their hands and actually give all us loyal Samsung users who have spent hard earned cash £3000.00 a satisfactory and complete solution to this problem. I am fed up...sigh #shouldofstuckwithmyoldsetup.

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

I have just tried exactly the same thing without success. 

My 55KS7000 is set to Audio Format Dolby Digital, I have an optical link between the TV and soundbar.

I have disconnected the HDMI ARC lead to the soundbar. (WIFI is still available).

I set the TV to use optical out and the soundbar recognises it as mult channel sound. 

I have grouped my HWK-650 & two R1s using the android app. The test works OK, but there is still no sound output from the rear when playing a 5.1 source (I used Netflix).

Is there anything that I am doing wrong? 

Can someone that has this working please let me know what settings they have on the TV under the Sound heading.

Thanks.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

I have excatly the same setup as you and it works with Netflix but I still have the hdmi cable connected to the arc channel,

hdmi audio = bitstream

audio format = Dolby digital

0 Likes
phillysprt
First Poster
Options

It's amazing to me how we all chase after a possible solution to this and Samsung, the  cause of all our grief sits idoly by, collects our $$$ and does nothing to solve the problem.  Not to coin a phrase, but, "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"  They are guilty of poor product engineering, poor technical and customer siupport, false advertising and not standing behind their product!  #CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT  

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

So basically you have HDMI arc and optical connected between the tv and sound bar. HDMI audio as bitstream and audio format as Dolby digital.

Do you then group the speakers using the app and set the tv to optical out?

Do you adjust the r1 speakers using the control on the speaker before grouping? 

Thanks for your help, I just want to get something working!

Finally what firmware does your app report for the speakers?

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

I use the apps to create the 5.1 and to adjust  the sound volume have the rears on plus 6 and the. Sound bar on lowest sound setting.

Sound bar 3109

rears. 3112

0 Likes