Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 04:42 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

I've asked for clarification on what the M5 is, I don't recognise the code... 

But I'm hopeful it will help us! 

Fingers crossed

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Sounds good.. hopefully m5 is something to do with the problem we are having!

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

M5 appears to be a reference to the Shape M5 wireless audio speakers.   They possibley could referring to a different issue that effects those speakers.

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Hope we are wrong and its actually an internal samsung code relating to the r1 360 speakers as per the 41 pages  of this thread..

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Don't panic JCFARROW 

Samsung head office confirmed today there is still an update due for the R1's (or WAM's as they call them) to deal with volume issues and allow more volume adjustment , and just waiting for her to confirm when the update is likley to be released following her contact with tech team. 

Email states I will receive a confirmation shortly..........so hopefully a date is forthcoming and not another endless wait

This is the top of food chain in UK customer services.......... Presidents Office of Escalations. 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

I will sleep well tonight!

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Just trying to help bud  :winking-face: 

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

I got this quick email reply from A1TV... 

"Hi  M5 will be software for your rear speakers

Kind Regards"

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Good news! 

Hopefully fix is final and doesn't cause consequencial issues as before

0 Likes
phillysprt
First Poster
Options

Frankly, I have completely given up. Really don't see how the R1s can be anything other than wifi. No connections are available on the speakers. I on a couple of different attemts have got the rear speakers to work with the bar, but practically no volume.  Other times it doesn't work at all and when I turn the tv on I don't even get the option to choose the bar with surround in the sound settings of the tv.

I agree that the radiant speakers sound good when playing tunes thru them (I have a total of eight), but sometimes they get very hicupy.  I thougt maybe it was a bandwidth issue.  Have increased FIOS internet to 100/100, have added a network extender, and a samsung hub that the speakers all go thru.  Still have intermittent problems.  

Anyone that has dealt with Samsung Tech Support knows it sucks.  I also now know their warranty sucks as well.  I'm having an issure with a 65" 8000 series tv that is four months old and has two vertical discolored 4" wide bands running thru the panel.  They tell me that it's normal they all do it!!!!  *****

0 Likes