Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 25-02-2017 08:22 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
sorry ignore my silly question.
0 Likes
DazzaP
Student
Options

abob36, is that with optical or HDMI that you're connecting to the soundbar?

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

the latest update i can see is on 16th jan 2017?

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

This is for the US KS8000 which similar to the UK KS7000. And this is over Wi-Fi. Optical I never had any issues with audio.

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

so you think we can use the KS8000 update for the KS7000?

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
No. I don't think that would work. But this does mean there should be an update soon at least.
Askarel
First Poster
Options

Update version 1165. No improvement. No rear sound is returned.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

I agree. I only set it up quickly before work and didn't get a chance to fully test. It sounded louder in the speaker setup test. I tried again last night after work and it's the same. Sorry for the false hope.

0 Likes
Askarel
First Poster
Options

Too bad that Samsung does not consider this problem more seriously. It would suffice to return to the version that worked before, the time to find a solution.

0 Likes
Aid7
Apprentice
Options

I'm having exact same issues as everyone on here with the HW-J650 model and x2 R6. tv is 2016 UE65ju7000

the centre voice in a film is so quiet and in clear but have to have the woofer at -12 otherwise the action scenes are really loud and end up turning volume down even with DRC turn on.

all firmware up to date. Connect through hdmi arc but all sources are the same. Tried other connections too. TV set to bitstream and Dolby Digital. Any one had feedback from Samsung, Ive got no where with them!!! I even bought the K650 to prove to them mine wasn't faulty (sent it back afterwards)

0 Likes