Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 02-02-2017 09:48 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Morning all..does anyone have any news? We were due an update from LeeS this time last week.

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

Still no update, its such a shame as the problem seems to simple i.e. a sound level issue on the rear speakers.

I still don't understand why when setting up 5.1 the speakers all work as expected for the test where the system states "front", "surround right", "surround left". It is only when the setting is saved the volume on the rears drops to a very low level.

Does anyone know if you can setup a 5.1 system using a HDMI (ARC) link between the TV and soundbar, or does it have to be wifi? I seem to only be able to setup a wifi 5.1 setup.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Many of us have it running over optical until the WiFi issue is sorted out. you have to use the soundbar remote for the volume but the sound is really good and rear channel volume is good  

0 Likes
guinness_tester
First Poster
Options

I have been following this thread avidly in hope of a solution to this issue. I was so pleased 'out of the box' but very soon had the same issue as you all and thought i had done something wrong! I dont have the KS7000 but have the cheaper 2016 model the KU6400 in 65" but identiacl issues with the K650 and 2 x R1's via wifi 

My other issue is that i have tried optical cable workaround and cannot get the lip sync to be acceptable, taking it down to level zero is the closest I can get but its still not right.  (Amazon basics 3m toslink cable)  anyone else had this problem?

so i either have god lipsync and no rears or poor sync and half reasonable volume rears (soundbar minimum volume, rears set at max) 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

I only have lip sync issues from my xbox one s when playing blu ray. however I think that's because there is currently no bit stream direct option and the processing the xbox does is causing the audio delay. I don't have this problem via any other source. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Samsung

It would be nice to have access to the sound delay settings when grouped in a surround configuration. currently it says it's not available. the audio delay settings on the TV don't give enough scope. I can only access delay settings on the soundbar when using the soundbar on its own.

Lee 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all. @LeeS is a bit tied up at the moment, but the latest on this is that our engineers are working on adjusting the volume variance you guys have reported, and are aiming to get a further update out later this month.

And again, great feedback, peeps - thanks! :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options

I have a slightly different set-up, but experience the same kind of issues.

My Set-Up:

- TV: UE40ES7000

- Soundbar: K650 + 2x R1 speakers

- TV connected with optical cable to soundbar. R1 speakers in Surround set-up via WiFi.

At first everything seems ok, but when testing with 5.1 testfiles, it's clear that the right - front en back speakers produce the exact same sound (same for left speakers). So there is no surround sound, but just more "3.1" sound. 

Another thing that's puzzling me is that the subwoofer seems to operate fine, but when playing testfiles, produces no sound when it should. 

I hope there will be a solution soon for this, I'm quite dissapointed right now...

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

What type of test file are you using? not all seem to work. definitely don't use anything from YouTube. I was able to get real 5.1 using my set up disc. also from any blue ray that has a set up option. Walle has this in its menu under set up. I also sent a test file to a few people on here that worked fine and everyone was able to get 5.1 via optical. have you checked the settings on your TV? I thunk Hdmi needs to be set to bitstream  

Lee

0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options

I used 2 different ones, with exactly the same result.

(HDVidz.in)_Surround-Sound-Test-LPCM-51---Demo.mp4

5.1 Surround Sound AAC Test.mp4

don't know exactly where i got them. If you have any suggestion where to find a proper testfile, please let me know!

tx,

Anton

0 Likes