Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 20-01-2017 04:32 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

So my TV had updated overnight and now I have the same problem and also both time I tried it the TV dropped the connection with the soundbar and reverted to the TV speaker. limited time to test as I have to go to work so I will try again later but I'm really annoyed as now it looks like the TV firmware has screwed everything up 

0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

I'm no longer an owner of the 650, but for my depressing 2 cents - one Samsung team might get it's firmware aligned to another team's firmware, but it looks like they do this in isolation of each other, so can't see / test each others' planned changes. Someone mentioned something to that affect in ththe early pages of this thread, and it seems to be being borne out now. 

I fear that once you guys take your foot off the gas here (when they manage to finally align things up) firmware will sooner or later diverge again, and you won't have this momentum / energy to force change. 

I'd consider your return-options. There are alternatives. 

(Happy Samsung TV owner, previous k650 owner, now happy sony bdv-n7200w owner)

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Monkfish

How do you have your Sony soundbar connected up? Assuming maybe incorectly that you cant use the TV Wifi option?

Lee

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention as it looked like the WIfi option was now sorted. but if you use the optical work around and your tv remote wont turn up the volume then use the sound bar remote to turn the sound bar off and back on again. The surround sound speakers should stay grouped as mine do. You should then be able to use the TV remote to control the volume on the sound bar. I have yet to test this on the new software update though but it had been working for me with no problems. 

Lee

leelazer
Navigator
Options

All, someone has started a different thread on how the new TV firmware has stopped his ARC working so I have chimmed in about the other problems it has caused. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/1160-6-firmware-update-ruined-ARC/m-p/153874/high...

lee

LeeS
Pioneer
Options

You do.  Excellent.  Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I didn't have an exact time and wasn't sure when the changes would be relfected on the website.

Do continue to let us know how you get on.

Lee

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

LeeS

Little or no sound from rear speakers now. May or May not be related to recent TV firmware update!

Saga continues for another chapter by the look of it

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I will hard reset everthing this evening when I get home from work and do some more testing. More concerning for me was that this morning when I tried it out with the new TV update is that the TV was losinf connection to the sounbar and rears. Also there was a small buzz everytime I turned the volume up and down. If I have to revert to the optical work around its no big deal as long as its sorted in the long run.

Lee

Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

I think the Sony system only does 5.1 if connected via optical cable, though I may be wrong. It does have two HD inputs and one arc HD output too though, so you have the option of routing your video through the Blueray player/basestation, instead of routing it through the television. Personally, I use an optical splitter on it, and connect the hd direct to the tv.

It may not have the tv wireless functionality you're looking for (though it has a lot of functioanlity), but it's wireless rear speakers are dedicated for that job (as opposed to what is becoming more apparent with the R1s etc, as retrofitted to being rear speakers). And because it's not a soundbar (its an actual 5.1 speaker system), there is a better front soundstage. 

The main reason I took my k650 back though was the diverging firmware issue, which is likely to continue in the future (one item will stop having its firmware supported before the other...).

The Sony may end up with bad firmware too, but as its effectively a "home theatre in a box", I assume/hope the firmware would be quicker to rectify/ much less likely to be released broken in the first place. There are also reports of some speakers going bad and becoming distorted, but Sony will replace under warranty. Much easier to gain support for a broken hardware, than a harder to prove broken firmware...

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

I've not had these tv connectivity issues - my biggest worry is that we will lose momentum and end up settling for the work around which is not acceptable. It would be nice if the community manager was a bit more active and kept us updated i.e. whether he's acknowledged there are now issues with the rears. If not my next step will be writing to consumer protection because this is ridiculous.

0 Likes