Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 20/01/17 04:31)
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
abob36
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Well, I came home from work and my soundbar had the update. I setup the surround in the TV, the sound test was great at everything in the middle. I then ran the .mkv file that we passed around a while ago, clear 5.1!!!

THEN my TV updated from 1155 to 1162. I tried watching Netflix 5.1 and got nothing in the rears. I re-ran that .mkv file, hardly anything in the rears. I re-created the 5.1 in the TV I had to max the rear volume and minimize the soundbar volume to get the rears to be somewhat audible. The 5.1 .mkv test the rears were significantly quieter than the fronts. Sigh...at least it is not muddied and horrible sounding, but the optical still sounds better. We are close! 

Can leelazer confirm his TV firmware?

Bryantay
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Well the good news is for me the soundbar and sub seem to be back to normal and are sounding really good again.

The bad news is the surrounds are WAAAAAY to quite. Surround sound is definitely coming out of the rear speakers but not even near being loud enough.

Is this a good time to ask why there’s we only have 1-6 levels for turning up the speakers? It would be nice if I could turn them up to whatever level suits me. At least something like 1-30 would be nice.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

My TV is on 1160.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

So my TV had updated overnight and now I have the same problem and also both time I tried it the TV dropped the connection with the soundbar and reverted to the TV speaker. limited time to test as I have to go to work so I will try again later but I'm really annoyed as now it looks like the TV firmware has screwed everything up 

0 Likes
Monkfish
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

I'm no longer an owner of the 650, but for my depressing 2 cents - one Samsung team might get it's firmware aligned to another team's firmware, but it looks like they do this in isolation of each other, so can't see / test each others' planned changes. Someone mentioned something to that affect in ththe early pages of this thread, and it seems to be being borne out now. 

I fear that once you guys take your foot off the gas here (when they manage to finally align things up) firmware will sooner or later diverge again, and you won't have this momentum / energy to force change. 

I'd consider your return-options. There are alternatives. 

(Happy Samsung TV owner, previous k650 owner, now happy sony bdv-n7200w owner)

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi Monkfish

How do you have your Sony soundbar connected up? Assuming maybe incorectly that you cant use the TV Wifi option?

Lee

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention as it looked like the WIfi option was now sorted. but if you use the optical work around and your tv remote wont turn up the volume then use the sound bar remote to turn the sound bar off and back on again. The surround sound speakers should stay grouped as mine do. You should then be able to use the TV remote to control the volume on the sound bar. I have yet to test this on the new software update though but it had been working for me with no problems. 

Lee

leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

All, someone has started a different thread on how the new TV firmware has stopped his ARC working so I have chimmed in about the other problems it has caused. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/1160-6-firmware-update-ruined-ARC/m-p/153874/high...

lee

LeeS
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

You do.  Excellent.  Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I didn't have an exact time and wasn't sure when the changes would be relfected on the website.

Do continue to let us know how you get on.

Lee

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

LeeS

Little or no sound from rear speakers now. May or May not be related to recent TV firmware update!

Saga continues for another chapter by the look of it

0 Likes