Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 19-01-2017 09:43 PM)
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video
I would try a factory reset. Also what are you using to test it. To set mine up a check the channel levels I used my set up disc. If you don't have a set up disc look for a bluray that has sound set up. The Walle bluray definitely has it. I have tried several sources now and they all sound great. No different to the optical work around except having to have the sub turned down a little.
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

I have a file for 5.1 test from previous discussions on here.

All works fine on optical, then change to wifi keeping the same source and loose the volume on the rears (whether I do it with TV or app). 

Change back to optical and volume comes back on rears. 

Same on all sources. 

Getting sound out the rears on wifi but so low they cannot be heard unless my ear is against the speaker and even then it's a struggle. 

Will try reset and report back tomorrow. 

abob36
Pioneer
Options
Audio & Video
BTW I meant to ask this long time ago. What Wi-Fi frequency are you all using? 2.4GHz or 5GHz? I remember when initially setting up my TV on 5GHz, it was having issues connecting to my soundbar and what not on the same frequency, so I had to make everything 2.4GHz.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

For me all on 2.4

With BT homehub

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video
I'm on 5ghz.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

It's all connecting fine just volume levels not as it should be for rears

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Ive just reset everything and am watching a film on netflix that has 5.1 in the description but nothing is coming from the rears.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Have you played the sound test in the TV settings to test the speaker levels? or do you have a test disc? 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Hi Leelazer 

Yes ive tried that and the sound levels are perfectly fine, its only when i go to watch a movie that they become almost silent. Ive tried increasing them individually to +6 on the app and maximised them within the tv settings. I havent got a test disc unfortuantely. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video
Hi

Do you know if you are getting true 5.1. I have tested mine and I am getting 5.1 it's worth noting that with 5.1 you will only get sound from.the rears with a proper surround effect. Do you have a copy of transformers dark.side of the moon. If you play the into you should hear the stars go right round the room
0 Likes