Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 19-01-2017 08:41 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

For me all on 2.4

With BT homehub

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
I'm on 5ghz.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

It's all connecting fine just volume levels not as it should be for rears

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Ive just reset everything and am watching a film on netflix that has 5.1 in the description but nothing is coming from the rears.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Have you played the sound test in the TV settings to test the speaker levels? or do you have a test disc? 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Hi Leelazer 

Yes ive tried that and the sound levels are perfectly fine, its only when i go to watch a movie that they become almost silent. Ive tried increasing them individually to +6 on the app and maximised them within the tv settings. I havent got a test disc unfortuantely. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Hi

Do you know if you are getting true 5.1. I have tested mine and I am getting 5.1 it's worth noting that with 5.1 you will only get sound from.the rears with a proper surround effect. Do you have a copy of transformers dark.side of the moon. If you play the into you should hear the stars go right round the room
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Well, I came home from work and my soundbar had the update. I setup the surround in the TV, the sound test was great at everything in the middle. I then ran the .mkv file that we passed around a while ago, clear 5.1!!!

THEN my TV updated from 1155 to 1162. I tried watching Netflix 5.1 and got nothing in the rears. I re-ran that .mkv file, hardly anything in the rears. I re-created the 5.1 in the TV I had to max the rear volume and minimize the soundbar volume to get the rears to be somewhat audible. The 5.1 .mkv test the rears were significantly quieter than the fronts. Sigh...at least it is not muddied and horrible sounding, but the optical still sounds better. We are close! 

Can leelazer confirm his TV firmware?

Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Well the good news is for me the soundbar and sub seem to be back to normal and are sounding really good again.

The bad news is the surrounds are WAAAAAY to quite. Surround sound is definitely coming out of the rear speakers but not even near being loud enough.

Is this a good time to ask why there’s we only have 1-6 levels for turning up the speakers? It would be nice if I could turn them up to whatever level suits me. At least something like 1-30 would be nice.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

My TV is on 1160.

0 Likes