Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 19-01-2017 08:37 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Just to confirm I have just used my home theatre set up blueray and my decibel metre. At an equal setting the rears are just as loud as the sound bar.
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Sweet thanks! I cannot wait to test tonight.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks...... Definatly not getting any volume at all on rears no matter how its set. I have to put my ear right on it and even the can hardly hear it. 

As soon as I switch back to optical with other settings and source kept the same, rears come back to good volume level. 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Did you set up the rears through the app or the tv?

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

HI JCFARROW

yes only way is either how you said or on Surround setup in app. 

Even with sound bar turned down and rears right up I still can't hear them. 

Frustrating me now as it was looking good

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Both ways........ tv and then started again with app with same results

Only other thing I might try is to restart everything to factory settings and then start from scratch. 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
Very interested to know how leelazer has managed to get equal volume from rears as soundbar!
leelazer
Navigator
Options
I would try a factory reset. Also what are you using to test it. To set mine up a check the channel levels I used my set up disc. If you don't have a set up disc look for a bluray that has sound set up. The Walle bluray definitely has it. I have tried several sources now and they all sound great. No different to the optical work around except having to have the sub turned down a little.
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I have a file for 5.1 test from previous discussions on here.

All works fine on optical, then change to wifi keeping the same source and loose the volume on the rears (whether I do it with TV or app). 

Change back to optical and volume comes back on rears. 

Same on all sources. 

Getting sound out the rears on wifi but so low they cannot be heard unless my ear is against the speaker and even then it's a struggle. 

Will try reset and report back tomorrow. 

abob36
Pioneer
Options
BTW I meant to ask this long time ago. What Wi-Fi frequency are you all using? 2.4GHz or 5GHz? I remember when initially setting up my TV on 5GHz, it was having issues connecting to my soundbar and what not on the same frequency, so I had to make everything 2.4GHz.
0 Likes