Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 19-01-2017 06:36 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Quick update. Don't have time to test full 5.1 works, but have switched to full wifi mode (multichannel) with optical cable removed, rear speakers connected in surround and sound quality and volume is back to how it was before.

No bass issues or muffled sound. Happy days

Will do a full test ASAP but looks good right now.
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Did someone mention theres a way to test 5.1 on the netflix app? If so how do I do that

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
There used to be, but now it looks like they just have video testing, not 5.1 audio.
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Did you add the surrounds via TV or app?
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Bass issus and muffling seems to be a lot better but the R1s  still seem very underpowered compared to the soundbar and sub -  to the extent im not even sure if sound is coming out of them..This is with the soundbar turned down to the minimum and the R1s turned up to the max.

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

I added  the surrounds through the TV.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Ah yes maybe I spoke too soon. Have tried both ways....... Setting up through app and TV. 

Everything is fine and sound is good except no sound from rear speakers that I can hear or so quiet that soundbar drowns them out completely . Can't do 5.1 test atm but will confirm tomorrow.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

To LeeS

I am getting much better sound quality on full wifi multichannel now but rear speakers are so quiet they cannot be heard over the sound bar. I have turned the sound bar down to minus six and rears up to plus six and still no joy. 

Looks like sound quality and volume overall has been sorted but now we have the rear speaker issue, which kind of cancelled out the updated firmware fix as I could have got the same result by turning off the rears (it's that quiet). 

If I switch back to optical with surround rears sound good again. By the way when I switch to optical I can now do it through the TV or app with same results. 

leelazer
Navigator
Options
So I just updated mine and the volume of the rear speakers is fine. However I still have to turn my sub down to at least -6. Overall it's much better and at 30 volume it's about as loud as it used to be at 50 before the update
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

How do you adjust the volume of the rear speakers? The only way I know of is through settings -> sound -> expert settings -> wireless speaker manager -> multiroom link settings -> and then adjust it through the speaker level option. Is that the only way?

0 Likes