Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 30-12-2016 10:12 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Btw, I'd definitely recommend the Sony BDV-N7200W for anyone still in their returns-period. 

It probably won't be wifi compatible with your Samsang TVs (as I have), but the sound is great. 

Happy to answer any pms on it too. 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Well gents, I just came  home from work. I turned on the TV, the soundbar fired up in WIFI mode, and I was getting the clearer 5.1 audio. I did not have to do anything.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi abob36

What volume do you have yours on for normal viewing? I have mine on 46 at the moment. that is about as loud as 22 via optical. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

For me it's 20 something for normal TV viewing on optical.............. Not sure about wifi as the bass is so high it vibrates the control out my hand before I can adjust the volume :smileylol:

Dogs start howling in the street, the birds fly away and all the car alarms go off........... Oh and the loose slates on the roof have fallen off......... Apart from that it's all good lol

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Robbie

Have you turned the sub down to -12? lol 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry have to laugh or I will start to cry lol

Yes but when I have it minus 12 sound quality is affected especially at higher levels

Also when I use Spotify from phone to soundbar I then have to re adjust the sub again......... And then again when back on tv

All too messy for me with better sound on optical workaround and less hassle even with using extra control

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I agree the sound is still better over optical with less messing about involved. I just think it would only need a very minor tweak to get this problem sorted once and for all. come on Samsung.  I am seriously considering your K950 soundbar with Dolby Atmos but if you can't get this one fixed I will go for the Yamaha atmos soundbar instead.  

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

My Samsung sounds like a Yamaha in wifi mode.......... A 250cc with a broken tail pipe :smileylol:

leelazer
Navigator
Options

Lmao. my girlfriend just caught me swapping between the WiFi and optical and started moaning about it. no more messing about with the sound system until tomorrow now 😞

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Tell her to deal with it lol

0 Likes